Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Suspension Seats - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 04-04-2019, 07:30 AM
Minnow

Default Suspension Seats

Considering adding cushioned pedestals to improve ride on rough water
Any feedback on SmoothMoves, Airwave, etc pedestals would be appreciated

2012 PolarKraft WT200
225 ETEC
Mercury 15hp Prokicker EFI
36V 112 Minn Kota ipilot
HDS8 Gen2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbb1069 View Post
Considering adding cushioned pedestals to improve ride on rough water
Any feedback on SmoothMoves, Airwave, etc pedestals would be appreciated
I've tried two different brands, and there's NO COMPARISON between them.

Smooth Moves if you want a big, bulky, heavy, seat base that rides like a pogo stick.

If you want a lightweight pedestal, that takes up no extra room, offers full adjustability, and most importantly, actually offers both compression AND rebound damping to truly give you a smooth ride, then I would highly recommend the WavePro pedestal. I've been incredibly impressed with mine.

https://waveproshock.com/

Waxy
Old 04-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

When I had Wave Pros on a previous boat, everyone who rode on them loved them. I will be adding them to my new boat shortly. Gotta say that comfort is expensive! However, there is a huge difference in ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

Default good luck

for the money I think wave pro's are the way to go.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Wallhanger

Default Make mine Wave Pro

I put the Wave Pro pedastal on the captain's chair last year replacing a different spring pedastal-WOW!!
No uncontrolled rebound-no bottoming out-completely adjustable.
Extremely happy with my choice.
Walteye
Old 04-04-2019, 09:49 AM
Wallhanger

I had a Wave Pro in my 1860 Angler, I sold the boat this winter and that unit is going on the passenger seat in my new 619 and I am putting a new Wave Pro on the Captain side. Great product. I highly recommend them. Its a bonus that they are not bulky like some of the others.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:16 AM
Wallhanger

Since the comment was made "for the money the wave pro is the way to go", should probably take that into consideration with the other suspension seats on the market, at least the most common ones in the walleye boat arena.

Wave Pro - $750/Ea
Air-Wave - $895/Ea
Smooth Move Air - $700/Ea
Smooth Move Std - $600/Ea

I have only use the standard old school smooth moves so I really cann't comment on how they compare only what I've actually experienced. I ended up with 2 of the smooth moves for $500 for the pair, so for the money I couldn't pass it up. They are a bit bulky which I don't notice until I go to remove the seats for cleaning or what have you and at that time you'll realize how heavy they are. I haven't experienced the ejection seat effect that I've seen others complain about and overall I have been satisfied . I would have a hard time spending almost $2k on suspension seats no matter how well they work as I just don't run my boat that hard. I would be curious to try all three air options and see how they compare. If they perform at all similar, the weight and bulky-nes savings would probably lend it self to the wave pros being priced kinda in the middle of the other options and actually they'd only a tick more than the smooth moves. in the end having any suspension seat is going to be a ton better than nothing . Food for thought.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:05 PM
Minnow

For WavePro seats, must you purchase an air pump from them or will any bicycle pump suffice ?

2012 PolarKraft WT200
225 ETEC
Mercury 15hp Prokicker EFI
36V 112 Minn Kota ipilot
HDS8 Gen2
Old 04-04-2019, 12:36 PM
Wallhanger

Any Quality pump would suffice. It's not much different than an old school Air Shock for a car. I bought the Foxx one from them just because its size and pumping prowess made it a worthwhile buy.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:12 PM
Wallhanger

I have had Smooth Move Ultras for 3 years and weighing 260lbs can't really say I have any complaints. (paid $1050 for the pair, "show special"...Gander or ?? just had them at about the same $$) I don't store anything under my seats so there really is no problem with the bulky rubber shield surround below the seat. I have been in plenty of rough water in many different large lakes so they have been well tested. I have driven a similar boat as mine with the Air Waves in it and they were great also. I don't think you will be disappointed in any pedestal that you buy as there will be a night and day difference in your comfort and ride quality. I think any seat base that fits your budget will wow you compared to stock.

Last edited by peter8; 04-04-2019 at 01:17 PM.