Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New fishfinder - Raytheon or Pinpoint???? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2001, 02:07 PM
Minnow

Default New fishfinder - Raytheon or Pinpoint????

Does anybody have any info, feedback or experience with Raytheon fishfinders. I am in the market for a new finder and have been looking at the Raytheon L470 and L750. I have also thought about one of the Pinpoints. The features of the Raytheon seem to be well thought out and the units seem to be easy to operate but I do not know anybody who has used one, this might be because of the cost or even worse, a poor finder? Raytheon has a very good reputation but I have never heard any info on their finders?

If anybody has any experience or knowledge, good or bad I would realy appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Bob Baldwin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2001, 03:00 PM
Slot Fish

Default RE: New fishfinder - Raytheon or Pinpoint????

I used the L470 on the bow of my 620 Ranger last season and really liked it, it was very compatible with my LMS 350 on the console. I would recommend the unit as it is a great finder, and easy to use, and that is all i was looking for up front.

jeff
Old 05-01-2001, 03:26 PM
Minnow

THANKS

800prox
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2001, 05:17 PM
Minnow

How did you like your LMS 350?
Old 05-01-2001, 05:55 PM
Slot Fish

i really do. i have over 125 waypoints and have gotten to be able to use it like the TV remote! I always like the ease of things and the LMS 350 is a dream IMO. I had an X65 b4 with the LMS 350 and they interfered with each other, and the Raytheon cured all that for me.

Jeff
Old 05-02-2001, 03:04 AM
ND

I use both; the Pinpoint 7500 system on bow and the Apelco( or now the 470)on the stern.(the Apelco is now Raytheon).Both have been trouble free and do their jobs well.Each one has specific purpose and I have not been dissapointed.Have used the for over three years,
You have to evaluate YOUR needs and then decide on the specific application you have in mind.Then do the homework on the features each one has and which ones are important to you.
(for strictly walleye I'd go with the pinpoint)

Old 05-02-2001, 03:23 AM
Michman

I use a Pinpoint 7500 on the bow, a 7520 on the console and a 7820 at the rear of the boat. All units are networked togeather. I have two transducers at the back of the boat which affords me a very wide view at the transom. The new units allow fabulous separation and the real time viewing performance is not matched by anyone in the marketplace today. As for customer service, no one is close. Take a long look before you buy and if you have any questions give Pinpoint a call. They are located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Old 05-02-2001, 03:40 AM
BobbyJeanMcmurphy

Uppear in Tulsa, Tulsa Oklahoma
Old 05-02-2001, 06:35 AM
Charter Member

I'm sure that either brand is very good but since I run a Pinpoint 7520 and a 7800 you could say I'm somewhat biased.

Evaluate each units features, pixels (imho vertical are more important then horizontal), speed of the display and then finally the cost. If you still can’t decide, flip a coin or ask your wife for her opinon ;)

USMC 1967-1971 Once a Marine always a marine.

Old 05-02-2001, 06:43 AM
Wallhanger

> If you still can’t decide, flip a coin or ask your wife for her opinon ;)

My wife saw one of those "Fishing Buddy" style ones at Galyans, and thinks she'd just love it! :o :o

Hans