Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
travel time - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 12-21-2017, 09:08 AM
travel time

Default travel time

Just curious of the travel time from Mpls (east side of metro) to Green Bay on 94 to Eau Claire then Hwy 29? Used to drive it a lot in college days some 30 years ago when it was 2 lane from Eau Claire to Green Bay. Took somewhere around 5 - 6 hrs if I remember right? Was playing around on google maps and it looks like they've made it 4 lane now all the way? Anyone know how much this has shortened the trip timewise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2017, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Google Maps has it at 4 hours. Of course, this does not include stops at SBC, Leinies, Sportman's Lodge, etc.

HRG
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MPLS to GB.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	280874  
Old 12-21-2017, 09:48 AM
travel time

Default travel time

Wow, maybe my memory is failing me at my older age but if that's accurate (not sure I trust the map travel time hence why I asked you folks here), that's quite the drive time reduction. I knew it was a pain when 2 lane with slower vehicles and stops in towns etc. Back then it was a pretty heavily travelled stretch of road and can't imagine it's gotten any less with time. Nice addition.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2017, 12:07 PM
Wallhanger

Use to run this road all the time, both when I went to Stout and lived in MSP - and going back home near Green Bay. When I started college it was almost all 2 lanes. By the time I ended, it was almost all 4 lanes. It cut out almost 45 min.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:48 AM
Charter Member

4-4.5 hours depending on where exactly you're starting/ending and traffic getting out of the cities.