Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cost to repair Dual Pro 4 Bank? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-09-2018, 07:50 PM
Wallhanger

Default Cost to repair Dual Pro 4 Bank?

2004 Ranger with a 4 bank charger, dual pro was standard stock issue as far has I know,
The Bank that charges the starting battery has been out for maybe a year now....

Does Dual Pro have a standard repair fee?

How much if so?

Do they rebuild all 4 banks or just the defective one?

Make more sense to just buy a new 4 bank?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2018, 04:13 AM
Wallhanger

Default Question

Did you call the mfg? Might be the best place to start...
Old 02-10-2018, 05:31 AM
Charter Member

Seems that modern electronics are seldom worth repairing. Being a fourteen year old product? Might consider newer technology. My experience has been that once something within a circuit fails there are other frail parts in there as well.

I personally just have not had much success repairing electronics. Maybe replacing a board, but it's usually like beating a dead horse into getting up and running.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 02-10-2018, 06:12 AM
Wallhanger

Just replace it, you will be ahead of the game. Things built today are not meant to be repaired.
Old 02-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Slot Fish

Repair it. Dual Pro units have individual modules that can be replaced. They do have a standard repair fee and the unit comes back fully refurbished. Call them, they will also give you an option to buy one of their refurbished units directly from them as well. The dual pros are far superior to the China crap that Minnkota and others sell as their chargers. I've had two separate units repaired by them over the past 20 years.Their service is very good.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shewstring View Post
Repair it. Dual Pro units have individual modules that can be replaced. They do have a standard repair fee and the unit comes back fully refurbished. Call them, they will also give you an option to buy one of their refurbished units directly from them as well. The dual pros are far superior to the China crap that Minnkota and others sell as their chargers. I've had two separate units repaired by them over the past 20 years.Their service is very good.
Agreed, I've had Dual Pro's since 2001 and have looked inside. They are as Shewstring says, individual modules for each bank. Definitely worth calling them to see the cost, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 02-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Wallhanger

The 2004 model was not repairable. Just add a 1 bank for the starter
Old 02-11-2018, 04:15 PM
Keeper

Just had my 2011 Dual Pro PS4 15Amp X 4 bank repaired.

All 4 banks got new circuit boards. I thought only 1 bank was bad but they were all weaker than they should have been.

$75 plus shipping.

Very easy to deal with. Unfortunately my shipping costs from northern Alberta Canada were about $100 each way!

Still half price of a new one though!
Old 02-12-2018, 03:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodman View Post
The 2004 model was not repairable. Just add a 1 bank for the starter
Called DP today, they are only servicing 2008 and later models.