Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake St. Clair/St. Clair River - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 09-30-2000, 04:22 PM
The Terminator

Default Lake St. Clair/St. Clair River

Well I got most of my chores done today so my Bride has given me tomorrow morning off to go fishing. Should I be heading for St. Clair river, my neighbour who usually hits Marine City area is away so my usual info. source is gone, or am I better off trying Lake St. Clair between Grosse Pointe and Metro Park area for bass and stuff?

Haven't been out in 2 weeks so I need a "fix". Any input is welcome.

Thanks all...Tony
Old 09-30-2000, 05:54 PM
MIKE

Default RE: Lake St. Clair/St. Clair River

I too am going tommorrow. I'm headed for the north channel by Deckers Landing. Last year at this time they were hitting. Not hitting there, will try drifting down the middle channel. Any other info from someone would be helpful.
Old 09-30-2000, 06:02 PM
The Terminator

Thanks Mike. Do you do the bottome bouncer thing? If so is this just a dead drift down stream or do you slowly motor down stream.

I usually jig (chug) with 3 oz weights and a green twister tail.
You'll get the occasional steelhead at Marine City this time of year with this method- 30-35 ft of water seems to be best.

Good luck.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2000, 05:07 PM
MIKE

Hey Terminator, went to the north channel today saw two caught but should have been there YESTERDAY. The guy I talked to caught nine and the lady at the bait store said they were hitting yesterday until afternoon. Suppose to be decent in the middle channel and at the end of the Sni. Lots of boats were fishing from Deckers landing to the mouth.(about 18 boats) Might go back Monday night or Tues morning. Most guys were chugging, a couple were handling and some were jigging with 1oz jigs. Supposedly they were hitting chartruse jigs tipped with spottails YESTERDAY. I ususally chug but will jig or bottom bounce when needed. Ususally drift free and keep the boat positioned with my electric motor. Feel free to e-mail if you like. Will be going to Tawas city and Oscoda this comming weekend for some salmon i hope. Where exactly do you drift in Marine city. Been there the last two Sundays.
Old 10-02-2000, 09:20 AM
Hoss

Fished Deckers area Friday night 7:00 till 9:30. Nothin'. 2 bites on jig and spottail. Another boat said lost one boatside. So how'd you guys do this weekend?
Old 10-05-2000, 05:32 PM
The Terminator

I'll usually start at the ferry to Canada and drift down to the dunes- 25-35 feet of water.
Did not go out last Sunday as planned. Stayed up just a little too late to go out fishing the next morning. Hope we get another warm weekend. This one looks like a loss.

Good luck up north.

Tony
Old 10-06-2000, 06:16 AM
MIKE

Terminator, will report what we caught at Tawas when I return on Monday evening. Also hope for some mild weather. Won't be going next weekend as I must pacify the wife and take her on a trip. But will go a couple of times till the end of the month. Hope to see you out there. What kind of boat do I look for. Mine is a Tracker 18ft. (green trim) Boat name--- I/O HER(big time).
Old 10-17-2000, 01:43 PM
MIKE

Terminator and Hoss, have you or anyone been out lately? Just got back from taking the wife on a weekend trip. Caught nothing in Oscoda week before. Suppose to be decent weather this weekend and will be going out( fri-sun).
Old 10-18-2000, 12:10 PM
Hoss

Mike,
Went perchin' (couple hours) on Thursday, Oct. 12th. Nothing to report - didn't catch them in reeds outside Goose bay so quit to hunt ducks in afternoon. Caught 2 non-keepers. Haven't chased the Walldogs in awhile now. This weekend looks good for fish - bad for ducks though - hope to get out - nothing definite yet.

Hoss
Old 10-18-2000, 05:15 PM
The Terminator

Nope haven't been out. I'll check with my neighbour and see if it's still happening at Marine City- though he seems more interested in bow hunting lately. Stay tuned.

Too bad about Oscoda.