Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
wedding ring? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-26-2017, 05:11 AM
Minnow

Wore mine for the first couple years. Lost original ring on the freeway somewhere on a motorcycle trip. Bought a new one and wore it about 10 yrs then after two or three sizing changes , it doesn't fit again. It will fit my pinky now. Haven't wore it in 15 yrs or so now. 25 yrs married. Wife wears hers every day and has never had to resize hers, luckily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2017, 05:58 AM
Wallhanger

Default Never had one

In a few months, my wife and I will have been married 32 years. I have never owned a wedding band. I borrowed a ring from my brother for the ceremony but that was it.

Back in those days, I was doing a lot of construction work as a second job and with home renovations. Did not want to deal with the hassle of working and cleaning around a ring. I don't wear jewelry, not even a watch. Everything seems physically binding on me. ****, I would not wear shoes if I did not have to.
Lowrance Gen2 Touch 9 with network to the trolling motor
Old 02-25-2021, 06:30 AM
Minnow

I wore mine for about ten years, but was always taking it on and off. Instead, I tattooed it on. My wife has the actual ring stored away somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2021, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Old thread but still relevant
Been married 38+ years
From time to time I will take mine off when I go fishing or other activities that my hands will get cold
There are those days that it feels like it could just slide by the knuckle.

It's a weird uncomfortable feeling not having it on, almost like a naked feeling

There have been plenty of nights I wake up in kind of a panic that it fell off as I didn't feel it being there even though I had it on.

My ring is loaded with five very nice diamonds set in white gold, the stones where hand picked
my bride may change my address to curb if I lost it.
Old 02-25-2021, 07:08 AM
Wallhanger

my ring lasted a week 32 years ago, never wore it since.. i just cant wear a ring it bugs me to much

wife gave up bugging me about 25 years ago
Old 02-25-2021, 08:15 AM
Keeper

Never been married so it does not apply to me but I`ve know a couple of guys who wore theirs on a chain around their neck .
Old 02-25-2021, 08:28 AM
Charter Member

As someone who frequently sticks his hands in electrical cabinets, my wedding ring came off after our honeymoon and has been on my keyring for the last 31 years,,,,

HRG
Old 02-25-2021, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
As someone who frequently sticks his hands in electrical cabinets, my wedding ring came off after our honeymoon and has been on my keyring for the last 31 years,,,,

HRG
I wore my ring on our honeymoon and took it off when we got home and never wore it again. A few years ago my wife had it made into a ring for her. Been married forty six years and never have worn a ring or watch.

Like HRG said, electricity and machinery are not a place to be wearing any kind of jewelry. Nothing good can come of it.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 02-25-2021, 08:57 AM
Keeper

Put mine on nearly 16 yrs ago, and now I may not be able to get it off. It was my great grandfathers - and is engraved 1907 on the inside. I intend to wear it until I either lose the finger or the ring wears out...
Old 02-25-2021, 09:01 AM
Keeper

I only wear mine for special occasions. I used to wear it all the time but tended to play with it. I've lost it three times, but it's always found its way back home. I dont wear a watch or any other form of jewelry. But some of my fishing lures have some serious bling :-)

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk