Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Border opening? - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumcfar View Post
Labatt Blue
Pilsener-style Lager, 5.0% alc./vol.
(4.9% ABV for Bleue in Quebec)

Labatt Blue is the best-selling Canadian beer in the world. Introduced in 1951 as Labatt Pilsener, it was named for the colour of its label by fans of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers football team. Blue was the first brand in Canada with a twist-off cap and won the silver medal in the International Lager category at the 1998 Brewing Industry International Awards. Labatt Blue, brewed using specially selected aromatic hops, is a well-balanced, fully matured, full-flavoured beer with a fruity character and a slightly sweet aftertaste.

Not sure V-bay? You may have insulted Americans incorrectly???

From my understanding it is the same beer recipe but processed differently between the states and Canada. I believe Labatt's became Labatt in 1995 when the company was sold.
Ah, Stumfar, you are a wise man...and I stand corrected. Apparently I was looking at a Labatt's bottle pre 1995.

What's the world coming to when you can't hold onto tradition.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2021, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Both labeled Labatt Blue though.

So, the Labatt Blue in Canada is brewed by us (AB), and the Labatt Blue in the U.S. is brewed by an entirely different operation. Ostensibly, they're the same recipe, but in practice that is never true.
Last summer after flipping back and forth between various Canadian Beer, I stumbled on Sleeman 2.0 beer. It is a Ontario company , brewed in Guelph Ont. It is ok price and found in Beer Store and Licensed Grocery stores . I never was a Labatt drinker, preferred Molson from young age, anyone remember Molson Golden ? Excellent obviously I did not drink enough they discontinued it's many decades run awhile back ! I tried the Coors Light (Canadian version ) but around her it is called Girls Light. 🙂 so dropped that one . On the topic of beer, why has it become more common for people to puralize Beer to " Beers" . It just sounds weird " beers" . When I go hunting for Deer ,I don't hunt for Deers. ......oops might of started a debate !

Last edited by Wawajake; 05-07-2021 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 05:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawajake View Post
Quote:

So, the Labatt Blue in Canada is brewed by us (AB), and the Labatt Blue in the U.S. is brewed by an entirely different operation. Ostensibly, they're the same recipe, but in practice that is never true.
Last summer after flipping back and forth between various Canadian Beer, I stumbled on Sleeman 2.0 beer. It is a Ontario company , brewed in Guelph Ont. It is normal price and found in Beer Store and Licensed Grocery stores . I never was a Labatt drinker, preferred Molson from young age, anyone remember Molson Golden ? Excellent obviously I did not drink enough they discontinued it's many decades run awhile back ! I tried the Coors Light (Canadian version ) but around her it is called Girls Light. 🙂 so dropped that one . On the topic of beer, why has it become more common for people to puralize Beer to " Beers" . It just sounds weird " beers" . When I go hunting for Deer ,I don't hunt for Deers. ......oops might of started a debate !
you sure do hunt for Deers ! Are you singling out 1 particular Deer ?
Old 05-07-2021, 05:06 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-bay gord View Post
Ah, Stumfar, you are a wise man...and I stand corrected. Apparently I was looking at a Labatt's bottle pre 1995.

What's the world coming to when you can't hold onto tradition.?
You must have been in a Kokanee fog....

PjShorthorn
Old 05-07-2021, 05:06 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:

Last summer after flipping back and forth between various Canadian Beer, I stumbled on Sleeman 2.0 beer. It is a Ontario company , brewed in Guelph Ont. It is normal price and found in Beer Store and Licensed Grocery stores . I never was a Labatt drinker, preferred Molson from young age, anyone remember Molson Golden ? Excellent obviously I did not drink enough they discontinued it's many decades run awhile back ! I tried the Coors Light (Canadian version ) but around her it is called Girls Light. 🙂 so dropped that one . On the topic of beer, why has it become more common for people to puralize Beer to " Beers" . It just sounds weird " beers" . When I go hunting for Deer ,I don't hunt for Deers. ......oops might of started a debate !
2.0 beer ? You might as well drink N/A beer
Old 05-07-2021, 05:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallychowder View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Last summer after flipping back and forth between various Canadian Beer, I stumbled on Sleeman 2.0 beer. It is a Ontario company , brewed in Guelph Ont. It is ok price and found in Beer Store and Licensed Grocery stores . I never was a Labatt drinker, preferred Molson from young age, anyone remember Molson Golden ? Excellent obviously I did not drink enough they discontinued it's many decades run awhile back ! I tried the Coors Light (Canadian version ) but around her it is called Girls Light. 🙂 so dropped that one . On the topic of beer, why has it become more common for people to puralize Beer to " Beers" . It just sounds weird " beers" . When I go hunting for Deer ,I don't hunt for Deers. ......oops might of started a debate !
2.0 beer ? You might as well drink N/A beer
no it is 4 % beer , the 2.0 is low calorie count. I need that for the paunch control . 🙂
Old 05-07-2021, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

![/QUOTE] you sure do hunt for Deers ! Are you singling out 1 particular Deer ?[/QUOTE]......nope Deer is like Sheep you don't hunt for Sheeps..........but I do hunt for Beer . 😉
Old 05-07-2021, 06:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
!
you sure do hunt for Deers ! Are you singling out 1 particular Deer ?[/QUOTE]......nope Deer is like Sheep you don't hunt for Sheeps..........but I do hunt for Beer . 😉[/QUOTE]

Be hunting for eyes sept n oct
Old 05-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eckohlt View Post
Quote:
!
you sure do hunt for Deers ! Are you singling out 1 particular Deer ?
......nope Deer is like Sheep you don't hunt for Sheeps..........but I do hunt for Beer . 😉[/QUOTE]

Be hunting for eyes sept n oct[/QUOTE]
I’ll be riding shotgun with you bud and we’ll laugh our asses off while we’re catching ‘em even if we are in snowmobile suits.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA$1970 View Post
......nope Deer is like Sheep you don't hunt for Sheeps..........but I do hunt for Beer . 😉
Be hunting for eyes sept n oct[/QUOTE]
Ill be riding shotgun with you bud and well laugh our asses off while were catching em even if we are in snowmobile suits.[/QUOTE]

We will have the lake to ourselves and the fish will be very hungry,dont forget to bring a swim suit
Closed Thread