Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Walleye, Pike, Muskie, Smallmouth - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Wallhanger

We usually fish walleyes early and late then mid days bass and northern pike. Tends to keep the action going most of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2017, 08:23 PM
Charter Member

All of the above, though Walleyes are #1 for the frying pan (ha).

This is why I truly love fishing NW Ontario....you can fish with "generic" type lures (jigging spoons, 3" grubs, cranks, spinnerbaits, live bait, etc) and catch Musky, perch, crappie, Pike and walleyes from the same stretch of shoreline in the spring.

Never really know for sure at first what is giving you that "tick" on your line.....lot's of fun and action most days.

Rich B
Old 06-28-2017, 11:55 AM
Keeper

If it's me and one of the brothers we fish for muskies. If I'm with dad it's walleyes and bass.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:17 PM
Wallhanger

No matter where I am fishing it is Musky first then bass or walleye, I don't mind fishing for pike but I rarely target them.
Old 06-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Wallhanger

Mostly walleye then musky then SMB. This year I'm going to also fish crappies.
15 hp Suzuki tiller kicker with Itroll
101 lb Terrova I-pilot link
Humminbird Helix 10 mega si and 2 898s
Talon 12'
Lowrance HDS 5 gen2, used mostly for engine monitoring.

Free advice, and worth every penny.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:03 PM
Wallhanger

Living close to the northern border I get up to Canada several times a year. In May I fish primarily for walleye and lake trout . Then in early June when the smallmouth are approaching the spawning beds I spend 90% of my time fishing top water baits for them. In late May and June I spend some of my time fishing for big crappies in LOW and Rainy Lake. Beginning in late August September and October I fish 25% for walleyes and 75% for pike. The fall pike fishing always produces some big pike and sometimes a musky. January to March ice season is purely lake trout.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:50 PM
Wallhanger

This is easy, Northerns are NOT allowed in the boat, all get broken off or boatside released. Closest I ever came to landing a musky was when it grabbed a 16" eater walleye next to the boat and ate it him/herself, and smallies are fun but they are rarely targeted.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Keeper

I truly am a multi-species guy but if fishing solo in Canada it will be a strictly musky trip but if I'm with others it's smallies and pike with walleyes a nice bonus. However my interest is turning more and more to fishing big pike.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
This is easy, Northerns are NOT allowed in the boat, all get broken off or boatside released. Closest I ever came to landing a musky was when it grabbed a 16" eater walleye next to the boat and ate it him/herself, and smallies are fun but they are rarely targeted.
I love you guys, and there are more of you than many people realize. I find it amazing that I can go to just about any bay I choose and have it all to myself. Northern eat Walleye. What's not to like about that.
I fish for walleye when the pike aren't biting.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:41 PM
Wallhanger

We usually target walleyes, but have fun catching anything. One evening Last week we were bottom bouncing with spinners for walleye and I hooked a really good one. When I brought it up alongside the boat, it turned out to be a yellow sucker. No big deal, it's really about the adrenaline anyways. Tight lines!

andersaki