Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Crotch Lake 2019 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-14-2019, 09:26 AM
Charter Member

Default Crotch Lake 2019

Deleting post.

Last edited by Shellback; 08-14-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 06:26 PM
Charter Member

When I read the thread title, it left me wondering,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just what does one catch, when fishing at Crotch Lake ?
Old 08-14-2019, 08:22 PM
Wallhanger

I wonder where the hot spot is on Crotch Lake?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Wallhanger

I've attached a picture of the Crotch in question here. Sure is a beauty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	260407260_orig.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	312332  
Old 08-15-2019, 11:55 AM
Wallhanger

Seriously though, it's a gorgeous lake, but the fishing is not that great.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:22 PM
Keeper

Default Crotch Lake

I would have liked to seen Shellbacks original post. Have fished there and may again. They have a great deal on the total trip.
We fished there two years ago when the lake was very high due to a wet winter and spring. There were floating logs everywhere and it was a job picking your way through. It was the walleye opening week and we got our limits but not much more. It was our first time on the lake and the high water made for tougher fishing.
The lake is loaded with largemouth and smallmouth bass.
Would like to go back....it is a beautiful and easy to get to lake.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:47 AM
Charter Member

I stay on the St Lawrence for the first couple weeks of Sept, and sometimes like to take a 3 day trip to check out other waters. I was considering Crotch lake when I made the post. After checking the lodges out, I found they wouldn't be a good choice for my wife who must use a walker. Lots of steps and or steeper slopes won't work for her. Mr Simon recommended a lake that would be a short daily drive for me, plus an excellent panfish population.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:14 AM
Minnow

Shellback - You're correct that the lodge sites are hilly with floating docks that would be difficult for someone with mobility issues. Since rediscovering freshwater fishing in the north country, I've had two stays at the lodge with the American Plan. I found the lodge to be well-run with great food and a helpful staff.

The lake is beautiful with many islands and lots of structure. There's great scenery in every direction. I had no trouble finding smallmouth, which was my prime target, and also caught walleye (to 22") and pike. A nice feature for me was to find a lodge that had an American Plan and would allow me to stay as a solo guest.

I hope you find a suitable place. Do you have a soft spot for the Phantom or did you fly it?
Old 08-16-2019, 04:46 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warefisher View Post
Shellback - You're correct that the lodge sites are hilly with floating docks that would be difficult for someone with mobility issues. Since rediscovering freshwater fishing in the north country, I've had two stays at the lodge with the American Plan. I found the lodge to be well-run with great food and a helpful staff.

The lake is beautiful with many islands and lots of structure. There's great scenery in every direction. I had no trouble finding smallmouth, which was my prime target, and also caught walleye (to 22") and pike. A nice feature for me was to find a lodge that had an American Plan and would allow me to stay as a solo guest.

I hope you find a suitable place. Do you have a soft spot for the Phantom or did you fly it?
I was an ordnanceman in a Navy F-4 squadron in the mid sixties. VF-74 onboard Forrestal. Nothing like flight deck launches, Two J79's in AB and a cat shot! That was our drugs of choice in those days.
Old 08-16-2019, 07:04 PM
Minnow

"an ordnanceman in a Navy F-4 squadron in the mid sixties. VF-74 onboard Forrestal."

That was a military service duty to be proud of. Were you aboard in July of 1967? Dangerous work.