Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
no Canada for another month at least - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 09-19-2020, 04:25 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=kzoofisher;6485058]There are other options for Canadian snow birds. The Turks and Caicos for one.[/QUOTE]

i have heard that some of our locals are planning on wintering on the Canadian west coast (BC) this year, any that choose to fly down to spend the winter in the southern US states can always go, but must quarantine immediately after returning to Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2020, 05:52 AM
Wallhanger

Friend of mine moved from Toronto to T&C a few months ago. Getting all his stuff there was a pain, otherwise it worked out great. Another friend just relocated to Montreal from Guam. He and his wife had to quarantine in a hotel for two weeks before moving to their apartment. He said it was boring but not a hardship. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, food delivery a breeze, a couple of unobtrusive govít checks (probably secret ones with hotel staff) and they were on their way. He was sorry to miss a big chunk of the nice weather before his job started. Canít imagine a two week quarantine in the crappy weather of the transition from winter to spring would be that tough. Unless someone was less of a snowbird and more of a snowflake.

Really though, anyone who travels to a hot spot deserves whatever trouble they get.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:55 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=kzoofisher;6485058]There are other options for Canadian snow birds. The Turks and Caicos for one.[/QUOTE]

Zihuatenejo,MX is another destination. I was always amazed at how many Canadians had business ventures in this sleepy little fishing village ( hotels, bars, restaurants, etc.). It wasn’t hard to pick them out, almost to a place they were flying the Maple Leaf proudly outside their business. The beer was always cold and the conversations great when I would visit on fishing trips.

Not sure Canadian residents can get into Mexico this year, but I for sure would consider going there again for the entire winter. Very affordable to get a house and housekeeping staff.

PjShorthorn :rock-on:
Old 09-19-2020, 09:10 PM
Wallhanger

If the Canadian Snowbirds are denied access to the USA, I wonder if the owners of the Retirement places are rolling over their deposit or keeping it!
Old 09-20-2020, 05:29 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=johnboat;6485246]If the Canadian Snowbirds are denied access to the USA, I wonder if the owners of the Retirement places are rolling over their deposit or keeping it![/QUOTE]

From what I understand, it can be difficult to find winter reservations in Florida. I'd have to guess the landlords can find replacement renters from the US to fill their vacancies. Canadians may be better forfeiting their deposits if need be, in order to be first on the list for 2021. Just my opinion though.
Old 09-20-2020, 05:44 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=johnboat;6485246]If the Canadian Snowbirds are denied access to the USA, I wonder if the owners of the Retirement places are rolling over their deposit or keeping it![/QUOTE]

But the Canadians are not being denied access, they must quarantine for 14 days once they return to CanaDA per their rules, where American's are not allowed to cross the border. So then it comes to the rent agreement which they agreed to when they sent a deposit to hold said accommodations.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
DJT 2020
Old 09-20-2020, 09:04 AM
Wallhanger

Hopefully by June 2021...Maybe Canada needs to just get on with it. I am no medical expert, but I saw in the Washington Post that the current regular flu is a leftover of the 1916 killer pandemic...In the WSJ this week, doctors are saying they are getting very good at managing the severity....even my doctor friends say it...anyway it seems this Covid will likely be with us going forward for our lifetimes, a fix is only so effective...wondering out loud...if true, maybe Canada just has to get through it. trying to hide from it wont work forever...kinda like a tooth ache ...you can ignore it so long but then you just have to deal with it.

I have had dozens of friends and family in every category who have it including an 8o YO guy which had every comorbidity you could imagine...basically brush it off ..its been kind of a big nothing in my little world..kid's everywere have it and not reporting. I think the colleges could be done with it by October! Ill bet 25% are not reporting which makes the infection rate way higher. death rate way lower

Maybe Canada needs to just open up and get on with it...I cant see me driving to Angel inlet and going to OAk Island then fishing in a boat on LOW Canada for a week with my 75 YO dad and 21 YO son who has had it being a big threat.

Canada hold out another year and I think a lot of resorts will be bought for pennies on the dollar. About the only thing I have quit doing is go to a gym, other than that, its just a lonely world when you go out in it. That lonely world is probably killing more people than the virus...

So I hope they open soon! Id like to safely go back up and think I can while dropping lotsa dollars on our friends to the north.
4 Rivers Refuge Runners/PPF Woodduck Mud Motors
Old 09-20-2020, 09:32 AM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=kswalleyer;6485320]Hopefully by June 2021...Maybe Canada needs to just get on with it. I am no medical expert, but I saw in the Washington Post that the current regular flu is a leftover of the 1916 killer pandemic...In the WSJ this week, doctors are saying they are getting very good at managing the severity....even my doctor friends say it...anyway it seems this Covid will likely be with us going forward for our lifetimes, a fix is only so effective...wondering out loud...if true, maybe Canada just has to get through it. trying to hide from it wont work forever...kinda like a tooth ache ...you can ignore it so long but then you just have to deal with it.

I have had dozens of friends and family in every category who have it including an 8o YO guy which had every comorbidity you could imagine...basically brush it off ..its been kind of a big nothing in my little world..kid's everywere have it and not reporting. I think the colleges could be done with it by October! Ill bet 25% are not reporting which makes the infection rate way higher. death rate way lower

Maybe Canada needs to just open up and get on with it...I cant see me driving to Angel inlet and going to OAk Island then fishing in a boat on LOW Canada for a week with my 75 YO dad and 21 YO son who has had it being a big threat.

Canada hold out another year and I think a lot of resorts will be bought for pennies on the dollar. About the only thing I have quit doing is go to a gym, other than that, its just a lonely world when you go out in it. That lonely world is probably killing more people than the virus...

So I hope they open soon! Id like to safely go back up and think I can while dropping lotsa dollars on our friends to the north.[/QUOTE]

Should we have a 1000 boat peaceful gathering at the border or would that be overdoing it a tad?

The serious question I have is why many published statistics do not include percentages of hospitalizations, recoveries, number of folks tested and those with no symptoms? Seems we just hear of the new cases and the deaths. The doom and gloom side is what is published and those that say otherwise are accused being misleading.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by bbheli; 09-20-2020 at 09:38 AM.