Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Battery Life on Ulterra Remote Control With Link - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 09-19-2020, 09:06 AM
Keeper

Default Battery Life on Ulterra Remote Control With Link

How long is your battery lasting on your Ulterra remote control with Link and do you use the foot pedal in conjunction with it? I thought I used to get 8 hours but now I'm down to about 5 hours I think. It's 6 months old. In my old age I'm not 100% sure.....

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2020, 09:44 AM
Wallhanger

If thats the big remote I just plugged mine in after every use. The small one I have now I have never changed the battery or had any problems.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:15 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
If thats the big remote I just plugged mine in after every use. The small one I have now I have never changed the battery or had any problems.
What exact remotes are you meaning?
The biggest one is the ipilot link remote from prior to 2017. The ipilot remote is much smaller and the battery needs to be replaced,not charged.(before and after 2017,just the old one uses a large coin battery and the newer one uses AA's. The new(after2017) ipilot link is rechargable and lasts about 5 hours, unless you set it to time out quickly. Then there is the Micro remote which uses a large lithium coin battery.(mine lasts well over a season) That one is an accessory you have to purchase. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2020, 11:04 AM
Wallhanger

A little off topic but with the IPilot Link bluetooth remote why the h-ll did Minnkota not have the stupid red light turn green or off when the remote is fully charged, never know for sure if remote is fully charged.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
A little off topic but with the IPilot Link bluetooth remote why the h-ll did Minnkota not have the stupid red light turn green or off when the remote is fully charged, never know for sure if remote is fully charged.
Isn't there a battery icon at the top left corner of your remote that tells you that? Not sure which one you have, but the one I have has it.
NPAA#89

Supporting Vendor
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
JulsWalleyeFishingAdventures.com

2019 Ranger 621 FS
300 G2
15 ETEC Kicker
112 Ulterra w/iPilot LINK
Humminbird Helix 12 MEGA SI CHIRP Gen3
Old 09-19-2020, 01:18 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Isn't there a battery icon at the top left corner of your remote that tells you that? Not sure which one you have, but the one I have has it.
My bad...I have a 2020 Ulterra with Link. It's the full color display. That's the one I questioning regarding battery life. For that matter, I believe a common problem with those is the plug not making proper contact in the remote when they get a little used. Happened on both of mine.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2020, 04:32 PM
Wallhanger

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juls View Post
Sheepeshly never noticed it before....dang your good.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:33 PM
Keeper

So back to the question. How long is your battery lasting you?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2020, 07:02 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetleap View Post
My bad...I have a 2020 Ulterra with Link. It's the full color display. That's the one I questioning regarding battery life. For that matter, I believe a common problem with those is the plug not making proper contact in the remote when they get a little used. Happened on both of mine.

Thanks
My latest Ulterra is the BT Ipilot Link model, just over a year old. Yes, the plug is loose fitting. It doesn't take much of a bump and it loses contact. As far as battery life, I'd say about 8 hours. I've got a USB plug in the boat however, so I can plug it in and keep using it while it sits in the cradle.

Mark
Old 09-21-2020, 09:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetleap View Post
So back to the question. How long is your battery lasting you?

Thanks
As I said about 5 hours. Like Andersaki I have it plugged in and in the cradle. I mostly use the Micro remote for changes in direction and speed when not sitting at the helm anyway. Bob