Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Outpost Fish Flasher. What do you think? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-05-2011, 07:41 PM
Minnow

Default suction cup

Northern Exposure, I had your same problem. Take a roll of gray tape. Make sure the back of the boat is dry. Tape the transducer cord as much as possible as soon as you get there. It might pop off a time or two during the week,but tape it close as possible to the end. It should prevent it from going into the prop. Have a great time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Keeper

I second the Eagle Fishmark 320. Works great, and very convenient. I haven't had an issue with the suction cup for the transducer, but just in case I use the small lenghth of rope that comes with it to tie it to a handle or cleat to keep it out of the prop if it does come off.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Keeper

Default excellent advice

That shoelace that comes tied to the transducer suction cup needs to be tied to the back handle of the camp boat, as stated above. About 3 years ago I listened to a guy out on the water telling the other boat that he had just cut his transducer off when it swung into the prop.
We have used an X96 portable and older eagles for years up in the bush, and have always tied up the string so there is next to no slack in it, and haven't had a problem. Sometimes you have to experiment with 'ducer location to get it to work better. I always reach down below and feel for the ribs on the bottom of the boat, and try and position it between those, but stuck to the transom.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:36 AM
Wallhanger

I've been using a portable for 14 or 15 years now and have never had a problem. I use the suction cup on the back of the boat. I don't rely on just the little safety clip that comes on the portable transducer though. I put the suction cup on the boat and then take the cord and make a loop around the handle on the back of the boat and tie it. The cord itselft to the handle. This way if the suction cup comes off it won't go anywhere. There is not enough cord to allow it to reach the prop.

Also, just make sure you get the suction cup wet and put it on in the water. It creates a better seal and won't go anywhere.
Old 05-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Keeper

Had the fishin buddy and I thought it sucked. The screen isn't all that good. Went with the fish eagle and it works great. Used one set of batteries for two weeks of fishing and they were still good. Never had a problem with the transducer coming off.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:05 AM
Minnow

Default transducer suction cups falling off - fix

to prevent a transducer suction cup from falling off simply coat the inside of the cup with vaseline, you get a really good seal and it prevents the water from getting in and loosening the suction holding the cup, works like a charm and a little tube of vaseline is easy enough to pack along with you
Old 05-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Minnow

We use a humminbird wide 100 portable. It comes all enclosed with room for the two 6 volt batteries.. The other thing we do is zip-tie some excess transducer cable around a seat bracket or corner handle. It keeps the slack out of the cable and keeps the transducer out of the prop if the suction cup fails (which it will from time to time.)
Old 05-08-2011, 12:16 PM
Wallhanger

Do NOT, I repeat Do NOT bring a tube of vaseline with you. What if it falls out of your suitcase in front of the group?
Old 05-08-2011, 01:12 PM
Minnow

Bass pro carries a portable mounting bracket that for me has been well worth the expense
Old 05-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Minnow

lol - maybe I better re think that vaseline I always bring on my fly in trips