Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ghost's -- Do you believe???? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-02-2021, 12:55 PM
Keeper

Default Ghost's -- Do you believe????

I've had a few "strange" experiences throughout my life that I can't quite explain. At this point I'm not sure if I believe in them or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Charter Member

No.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:58 PM
Wallhanger

When I was a kid we lived in a house built in 1906 as the corporate office for the Brule Mining company. When we moved in there were only three items in the house. The skeleton keys for all the doors, two of the original blue prints in the study (used to be a vault) and an old cherry wood chair. My mom restored the chair and framed the prints. Both of them stayed in the study. Next to the chair was a floor lamp that had five different touch settings. Every morning for as long as we lived there there was a butt print in the chair (goose down) and the touch lamp was on the second setting.

Years after we moved we learned the Brule Mining company was only open for 2 years and the owner killed himself. It wasn't stated where he killed himself.

About 15 years after we moved out my Aunt ran into the new owners at an event. They didn't know each other prior. After the a while the new owners realized my Aunt was related to the previous owner, my Mom. The new owners asked my Aunt if my Mom ever mentioned anything about the house being haunted. My Aunt said she turned white and had to leave the room.

Not sure if I believe but I can't explain those events.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2021, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

The house I moved out of in Wisconsin, before I moved down here to Ohio, had a ghost in it.

My washer and dryer were in the basement, which was all cement, with those non-see through block windows in the window wells. The house was built as a housing unit on a farm for migrant workers back in 1900. If I remember correctly, it was an apple orchard type deal. The 1-2 horse stable was eventually turned into an addition, which was my bedroom. The original house was a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and stable. The living room and basement were a later addition also.

My dog (120# Golden Retreiver) would never go in the basement with me, which I thought was weird, because he was always by my side wherever I went. But, he refused to go down there. I would turn when I was half way down the steps, to see if he was coming, and he would just stand there with a worried look on his face and refuse to move from the doorway.

Half of the basement was a crawlspace, half way up the wall of the rest of the basement where the washer, dryer, and shelves were. The floor was just dirt under the original part of the house there....and, there was nothing else under there that I could see.

My two cats loved it down there...but, we all know cats are evil critters deep down. lol

Anyway, one morning I went down to take the wet clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer....and, when I turned with the basket of wet clothes to take the two steps to the dryer, a cold blast of air went right through me.
It hit hard enough that my hair blew off my shoulders and it made me blink hard, and take a gasp of air. It really freaked me out. There was no place for a blast of air like that to come from. I wasn't near the crawlspace and there was no window that could open, and there wasn't a fan blowing down there.

To this day, I can still feel it as if it just happened, and I can't explain it.

I put the clothes in the dryer and said to the ghost as I backed away towards the stairs, "Okay, you've made yourself known...here's the deal...you can stay down here, and play with the cats. I'll stay upstairs with the dog. Don't "F" with me, please".

Well, that was fine for a while, until the dog would start barking at the curio cabinet in the corner of the living room for no reason at all. Or, when the stereo would go on at full volume at midnight all by itself. It didn't have a timer or any of that other fancy stuff, so it wasn't a setting.

Luckily, it was in a great area on a good sized chunk of land, with a 24x24 detached garage, and fenced in yard for dogs, so it sold pretty quickly after I put it up for sale.

I've only had one other weird unexplainable thing happen at this house in Ohio....and, it makes me believe our energy, or spirit if you will, goes "someplace" when we die.

A friend, who was only at my house once (he was agoraphobic), laughed and laughed at my clock with bird sounds (chirps on the hour type deal). Well, he died 3 years ago, and the night of the day he died, the next morning, that clock was on the floor of my kitchen.
Now, mind you, this clock was hanging on a nail that was 2" long and the clock had a deep hole in it that it rested on, so it couldn't have just fell off by itself. It never moved in the 15 years it was hanging there.

When I got the phone call later that morning that Gary had died the afternoon before, I just figured it was him stopping by to say, "Goodbye".

Yeah, I believe there are ghosts among us. I just hope I don't meet anymore of them.
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 03-02-2021, 03:34 PM
Wallhanger

Default No

I believe there are invisible forces or energies we don't understand but I don't believe they are dead people. I'm more apt to believe that aliens with cloaking devices are among us than certain people being able to interact with the living after they die.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:39 PM
Keeper

Try eating a ghost pepper. That will make a believer out of you.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da' Walleye Assassun View Post
Try eating a ghost pepper. That will make a believer out of you.
Or a Carolina Reaper ?
Old 03-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Slot Fish

UFO’s, yes. Ghosts? Not so much.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:03 PM
Wallhanger

My first house was built in 1894 and some really weird things happened there. I was watching tv in the living room when a shadow like someone walking through the dining room passed on the wall. Except the head of the shadow was 6' in the air and there was now way a person walking through the dining room could throw a shadow at that angle unless their head was against the 9' ceiling. It was at least 15' from the dining room to the far side of the living room. My wife was in the kitchen and saw nothing.

One day my wife came into the empty house to find our two dogs staring at a cat on the couch. We didn't own a cat. She was very concerned about the chaos that was about to ensue when the dogs started chasing it (they loved chasing cats) and wondering how in the --ll it got in the house. She turned to close the door, turned back around and it was gone. The dogs walked over, sniffed the couch and concluded there was nothing to get excited about.

Other people often got creeped out around the basement stairs. One friend said she felt a hand on her back as she was going up the steps to the upstairs. The house had been neglected before we bought it and I was busy doing one renovation or another for years. The more we fixed the place up the less frequent strange events occurred.

Can't explain it.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:10 PM
Wallhanger

NO!