Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lady Evelyn Lake, Canada - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-28-2014, 05:27 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lady Evelyn Lake, Canada

Just returned home from a 7 day trip to Island 10 Fishing Resort with my wife. This was the first time she was there (my 6th)-and she was "hooked"! (Bad pun).At least 25-30 fish a day (mixed bag walleye, smallies and Northerns). Jig/twister tail and worm (gold and blk/gold 1/4 and 3/8oz jigs worked best) and trolling small Renosky and Dave's Kaboom lures in blk/silver or perch colors.
Towards end of week we switched over to leeches and our large fish catch increased dramatically.
Highlight of week was wife's 34 1/2" Northern Pike on jig and worm that she told me she couldn't get it to the boat after 3 runs-and I "made" her do it on her own cause my hands were full holding the net!
Walteye
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 12:56 PM
Minnow

fished that lake years ago in August. We stayed Southern lodge (forget the name) Did notice that the better fishing was north of island 10 for the most part. The drop the level of that lake like 10-14 feet or so. So all of the southern fish get washed into the river. From my experience of fishing many canadian lakes i personnaly would not go back to that lake. However if you ever go back. You absolutely have to take a day trip to Angler lake. it was the best smallmouth fishing i ever experienced. over 100 per angler per day and the water was so clear you could see every fish. i fished it 2 days and both days were my most educational fishing experiences i have ever had!!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:48 PM
Keeper

A friend of mine just returned from that lake. He is a retired judge from Marion, Ohio. We golf together and share fishing stories. I fish Erie very hard. He has had numerous trips up there.