Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Something to remember - ambulances - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2019, 12:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty underpants View Post
Response varies by community and staffing levels. A lot of communities utilize combination responses for medical alarms. Keep in mind that in today's day and age, the person riding the fire truck is most likely trained as a first responder, and in a lot of areas are EMTs and/or paramedics. They're sent because they're closer, trained, and equiped.
Pretty much as du said here....keep in mind a area with a full time volunteer staff you don’t know who is available when the alarm goes off.....during the day many are working and can’t respond and most communities don’t have enough staff to respond because our younger generations don’t want to volunteer due to the huge commitment in just training alone. Meanwhile the older guys just can’t respond like they use to.....the one exception when you see the old guys respond like they were still in their prime is when the emergency involves a child, then it’s all hands on deck.

We need more 1st responders, especially FIREFIGHTERS.......PLEASE consider joining your local fire department.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2019, 09:12 PM
Wallhanger

Yes you are missing something, I am a ret Mpls FF when the call comes in and they say someone slipped, you can never take their word for it, when they say it is just a small nothing fire, you do not know for sure. We send multiple rigs, and when the first rig is on the scene, they can make a assessment and cancel xtra help or ask for more. Mpls FF's and paramedics were never more then 3 minutes away, unless bad weather or some unforeseen situation. Volunters in the country of course take longer. Where I live here now in N Minnesota, anything serious happens to me I am toast, history
Old 07-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
Yes you are missing something, I am a ret Mpls FF when the call comes in and they say someone slipped, you can never take their word for it, when they say it is just a small nothing fire, you do not know for sure. We send multiple rigs, and when the first rig is on the scene, they can make a assessment and cancel xtra help or ask for more. Mpls FF's and paramedics were never more then 3 minutes away, unless bad weather or some unforeseen situation. Volunters in the country of course take longer. Where I live here now in N Minnesota, anything serious happens to me I am toast, history
Dave's 100% correct, couldn't tell you how many times a what was called in as a small incident turned into an all hands on deck upon arrival. Its kind of like dressing for winter, you can take things off if you get to warm, but when in need, you can't put it on if you don't have it with you. Especially if the caller failed to mention that the slip patient comes in around 400 pounds, and is on the top floor of a 5 story apartment building with no elevator and narrow hallways. Yah, been there done that!
Old 07-11-2019, 11:43 AM
Keeper

Default First Responders

Here in the city of Pittsburgh firefighters usually respond first then medics, in the township where i worked it was police first then volunteer firefighters if they were available then the medics. Police had first aid training ( CPR ) .