Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
wedding ring? - Page 6 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2021, 05:59 PM
Minnow

Other than surgeries, it's always been on my finger. Actually, my last surgery was gastric bypass surgery and I've been wearing a silicone wedding band since I could cheaply replace it as my ring size got smaller. Now that I've stabilized, I plan on getting my gold band resized this weekend. 140lbs lost and the ring is about 4 sizes too big.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2021, 07:34 PM
Slot Fish

Default Wedding ring

I take mine off only when I leave the country
Old 02-25-2021, 07:35 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich D View Post
Other than surgeries, it's always been on my finger. Actually, my last surgery was gastric bypass surgery and I've been wearing a silicone wedding band since I could cheaply replace it as my ring size got smaller. Now that I've stabilized, I plan on getting my gold band resized this weekend. 140lbs lost and the ring is about 4 sizes too big.
Congratulations on the weight loss
Old 02-25-2021, 07:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackvil View Post
Congratulations.
Thank You
Live and die on this day......
Old 02-26-2021, 03:11 AM
Slot Fish

Only when I go to the bar or on business trips.....just kidding, I'm a faithful husband!

The answer is no, yes, no...

Ring 1 - I never took off my first ring. It was platinum and gold. I was hard on it had to have costly repairs several times.

Ring 2 - I replaced ring 1 with a Tungsten ring which was basically indestructible. That ring had high and defined edges and I would catch it on things when working on home projects and repairs. In the winter when my hands were dry it would cause irritation on my adjoining fingers. I am an avid clays shooter and it was causing wear on the stock of my prized Italian shotgun. I started taking it off when it was working on stuff, when it was bothering me, when I went to shooting, etc.

Ring 3 plus - I switched to silicone rings and I love them! They are soft and comfortable, and super cheap. The fancy nice ones cost up to $20, but you can get pack of 3-5 run of the mill ones for $8-11. Damage or lose one? No problem! Going hunting? Put on the camo one!
Old 02-26-2021, 06:31 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
My ring was my father's so it is now going to be 55 years old. I can't get it off so unless anyone has any great ideas on how to get it off,outside of cutting my finger off, I'll probably be wearing it until I die even if my wife were to leave me after 30 years of marriage and 5 years of dating.

You should start a weekly "silly question of the week" thread.

PjShorthorn
Well, here is the update to my original post.

My wife still hasnít fired me so we are now married 33 years and a total of 38 years together. I was sitting in a meeting about a year and a half ago and it was quite cold out that day. I happened to be fiddling with my ring during the meeting and it just slid right off my finger. It went in my pocket immediately as I had always wanted to pass the ring down to my son as a family heirloom since it was my fatherís ring. Now that can happen if my son would want to have it as his ring. This ring will now be 60 years old this fall.

I went and found a silicone ring that I liked and it came with a fish on it. I got a second one as a backup that has a gold hook on it.

It is very flexible, durable and super comfortable. I never take it off, but I do have a permanent mark from the original one.......no hiding that.....Iím branded for life.

PjShorthorn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EFC328E5-C974-4304-8968-D7EBF4D60B83.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	324370   Click image for larger version

Name:	D417684D-4ADB-4DCE-B704-2E04A35B9DB9.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	324372  
Old 02-26-2021, 08:30 AM
Minnow

#1 ring wore down and out of round and thin.

#2 wife brought a new one. Fell off loading wood not to be found.

# 3 wife passed last year after 58 great years. Having ring made 1 size smaller.
Intend to wear it along as above ground.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:53 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunker2 View Post
#1 ring wore down and out of round and thin.

#2 wife brought a new one. Fell off loading wood not to be found.

# 3 wife passed last year after 58 great years. Having ring made 1 size smaller.
Intend to wear it along as above ground.
Sorry for your loss.....
Live and die on this day......
Old 02-26-2021, 11:08 AM
Minnow

Default Hot times

I wore mine for the first couple of years after we were married in 74.
I was working as a heavy equipment mechanic and didn't think much about it.
One day a fellow worker shorted his gold band across a 24V system. His gold band went from gold to orange (red hot) in about a second. They had to cut it off of his finger.
Took mine off then, put it in my wife jewelry drawer and only wore it on special occasions after that.
Changed jobs and worked the ED in a large metropolitan hospital, more horror stories involving rings of may types, than you'd imagine.

A few years ago my friend lost his wedding band and decided to replace it with a silicone model.
They came in a 4 pack, he only needed one, so he said, take on if ya want.

Before I got home, I slipped the silicone ring on my finger and said nothing. It was a week before my wife even noticed. My wife is a paramedic and takes hers off when conditions dictate it. A ring is a symbol of a promise and thats all it is. It's not the ring, it's the heart.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:18 PM
Wallhanger

Since my marriage 13 years ago-my Platinum wedding ring was only taken off if I didn't have rubber gloves available and was having my hands immersed in nasty stuff. When my father passed away last December-I lost almost 25 pounds and the band became extremely loose. I lost it at the supermarket when I pushed the shopping cart into the outside cart parking lot and it slid off my finger and was stuck in the cart. I didn't realize it happened until I got home. I retraced my steps and couldn't find it-I left my name and number at the supermarket in case someone would turn it in. 4 days later I get a call from one of the cart attendants saying he found it wedged in a cart!! I picked it up and tipped the attendant $150 for his honesty!! It is now off my finger waiting to be resized.
Walteye