Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
wedding ring? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 03-24-2017, 03:20 PM
Wallhanger

I take it off when I lift weights and shower. I don't want the metal weights scratching the gold, and I'm afraid it will slip off and go down the drain in the shower. Doesn't come off otherwise.

I read an article a little while back about the increasing popularity of silicone rings. Athletes and people with potentially dangerous jobs can wear them without worrying about getting it caught and losing a finger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017, 03:26 PM
Wallhanger

Could not wear one on my job. Never wore one, never needed one. Married 41 years
Old 03-24-2017, 03:30 PM
Wallhanger

My ring goes off and on. I put it on when the wife and I go out which is a couple time a week. The rest of the time its off.

I have two wedding rings, the original and the replacement. About a month after we got married my ring came up missing. Both of us looked all over our new house, cars, etc and couldn't locate it. After about a month I went to the original jeweler and bought a replacement. She was happy I did this and said all kinds of mushy stuff to me. This was in August.

The following March I was notified that our baseball team was going to start practice. I played baseball in high school and college and was now playing for a bush league team. We got paid $20 a game. I got to the field, put my uniform on and walked out to the field. I put my left hand into my glove and in my left ring ringer slot was my wedding ring.

When I got home I showed it to my wife. She said a lot of mushy stuff to me again. She also said wear the replacement and keep the original for a backup. I told her it was a good plan because I might need one for my second wife. She told me that it was not legal for a dead person to get married in the State of KY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017, 04:09 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalleye5 View Post
Been married for near 40 years and never had or wore a ring, ever. I was in the grain elevator business ( buying grain) for 25 years and was always jumping off of the sides of truck boxes. I was advised to not wear a ring as they caught on truck boxes and many a people left their fingers hanging. Still have all my digits.
Ditto^^^

When we returned from our honeymoon I took it off and never wore it again. Several years ago we had it made into a wedding band that my wife now wears with her wedding ring.

I work around too much equipment and loose anything is a disaster waiting to happen. I'd like to (no big hurry) to die with most of my parts still intact.

I've not worn a watch since I left the military in 1970 either.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 03-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Charter Member

I wore out one wedding ring working around sand, gravel and dust with gloves on. The inside of a leather glove along with all the dirt and dust made short work of polishing the ring down to a narrow thin band. Took it off before it wore in two.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:53 PM
Wallhanger

I had to have it cut of by a doctor about 25 years ago when it got caught on something when I climbed down from a strangers tree stand while deer hunting. Had it rebuilt but it has been slightly larger then the original and I have always wanted it resized a bit smaller.............maybe tomorrow. Other then that it's ALWAYS on my ring finger, but loose sometimes.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 03-24-2017, 04:56 PM
Wallhanger

I've had it off a couple times in 23 years, mainly just to see if I can get it off. Just did it again while typing this. It still comes off but not easily.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Slot Fish

To all co anglers if you draw a young man, I had all of the skin ripped off of my ring finger holding the grab handle. It hurts a lot, never again will I wear it again as a co angler.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:02 PM
Wallhanger

Got married while in the USAF, 1972 could not wear it because of my job, lost it in the mix, wife worked in jewelry stores for 42 years never got around to getting another one. This year is 45 years.
Lowrance Hook2 5 SplitShot Bow
2007 Mercury 5HP Kicker when needed
2020 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 2.7 ECO
Old 03-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Wallhanger

Yes I take mine off every night when I get home from work. Put it back on when I leave for work. It's off on weekends unless we are visiting family or attending soctal events. I have a bizarre affliction that I can feel and taste metal on my skin. I can taste pennies in my hand. I was over exposed to lead when I was in my early teens from reloading shotshells, and pouring jigs. Doctors think it's related.