Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Team Obabikon email response - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-26-2021, 03:52 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
Marcus is a very intelligent, and thoughtful person. He and I have talked many times regarding this issue. I appreciate him taking the time to form a well thought out response. (to date, he is the only one to take the time to respond in this way).

That said, I am posting simply to say thank you all for the support. We are trying to get things changed, but it is certainly like running in lead boots. It's slow. This is certainly evidence that if enough people come together, they can at least poke the bear. Now we just need the bear to wake up and do something!
Wish the bear was just a cub,much easier to deal with than a big ole stubborn bear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2021, 07:46 PM
Minnow

Default Thank you for posting......

I am hopeful for the outfitters so their businesses are not as drastically impacted this year as they were last. I can't begin to imagine the impact this has had on them as a group. On a personal level I'm not as optimistic. I booked my trip in 2019 for an outpost camp in June,2020. That never came off so my outfitter moved me back to the 3rd week in June,2021. Sounds like the 9 of us will be screwed again this year. To top it off most of the trip was paid for in advance and is non-refundable. I sympathize with the outfitters and wish only the best for them. Even so, it would be nice if the clients had some options, too, if they needed to pursue them. Regardless, it is what it is and one of these days this will all be behind us and we will all get back to some semblance of normal. We can only hope.....
Old 03-05-2021, 03:18 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billswest View Post
I am hopeful for the outfitters so their businesses are not as drastically impacted this year as they were last. I can't begin to imagine the impact this has had on them as a group. On a personal level I'm not as optimistic. I booked my trip in 2019 for an outpost camp in June,2020. That never came off so my outfitter moved me back to the 3rd week in June,2021. Sounds like the 9 of us will be screwed again this year. To top it off most of the trip was paid for in advance and is non-refundable. I sympathize with the outfitters and wish only the best for them. Even so, it would be nice if the clients had some options, too, if they needed to pursue them. Regardless, it is what it is and one of these days this will all be behind us and we will all get back to some semblance of normal. We can only hope.....
She will be a go sometime this year,think positive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2021, 06:15 AM
Slot Fish

Obabikon, as a fellow fisherman and Ontarian, i have to say, if this is your MP, you people are very fortunate. IMO, that was a well thought out, non political, non bs filled, email response. He took the time to think about several scenarios, how to explain his views on them, the implications of each one and also the overall understanding of where we are and the possibilities of where we can go. He seems to "get" and understand the financial situations so many are in. Im gonna say this with all sincerity ....im not sure what party Marcus aligns himself with, but id love to see this man run for Premier or even better yet, Prime Minister. But im not a fool, i believe he has too much logic for either of those positions. Obabikon, you obviously have a good relationship with this MP, believe me he is not the norm....he is representing you well.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:23 AM
Charter Member

I like Marcus very much. He is intelligent and well thought out. Unfortunately, that has not turned into results *yet*.

He needs to get us major funding. MAJOR funding... at all costs. I feel that some politicians are hesitant to demand things from their own party (in fear of losing support). That's just insane.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:58 PM
Minnow

Obabikon. Where are you a resident of and what’s your citizenship?
Old 03-10-2021, 06:11 PM
Charter Member

Dual citizen and a US resident.
Old 03-11-2021, 06:49 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorfool View Post
Obabikon. Where are you a resident of and what’s your citizenship?
What's your residence and what's your citizenship? lol

I completely understand the stigma that there are a lot of US owners (not most, but a lot)

Those owners still pay income tax in Canada, property tax in Canada, and as a whole employ thousands of Canadians. They also bring in billions of "new" dollars into Canada. Which is much more valuable to an economy than circulating existing wealth.

On top of that, many (if not most) owners are still at the least, Canadian citizens (like myself).
Old 03-11-2021, 07:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post
What's your residence and what's your citizenship? lol

I completely understand the stigma that there are a lot of US owners (not most, but a lot)

Those owners still pay income tax in Canada, property tax in Canada, and as a whole employ thousands of Canadians. They also bring in billions of "new" dollars into Canada. Which is much more valuable to an economy than circulating existing wealth.

On top of that, many (if not most) owners are still at the least, Canadian citizens (like myself).
The same type of things exist here in the states. Some people who punch a clock have a overwhelming dislike for those who own a business. It's kind of funny really. It's those folks who risk everything they have to start/ buy a business to employ those who are so envious.

Trickle down of dollars and taxes are completely lost to some people. They will never understand it no matter how simply it's explained.

Taxes (jobs) make the world go round, doesn't matter who pays those taxes.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:37 AM
Keeper

Minnesota guy- you are so right.
The demonization of business owners is illogical and misguided.
22 years ago I decided to become one of those evil business owners- risking everything my wife and I had while having three kids under the age of three. After two years we sold and I went back to working for “the man”. As far as I’m concerned, the owner of the company I work at (20 years now) is entitled to do whatever the heck he wants- period - as he has to deal w all the ridiculous nonsense that comes w being the man.