Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
video of launching my boat with xi5 alone - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2021, 06:34 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugly boat View Post
Please make sure when you do that you park your boat out of everyone's way that needs to use the dock or ramp. I am very tired of guys parking their boat off the end of the ramp and holding everyone up.
That would annoy me as well and not something I would do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2021, 06:56 PM
Keeper

I enjoy your vids.

I realize they weren’t holding anybody up, but what in the world were the guys in the next lane doing?

Seems like a long time sitting there.

Steve
Old 02-25-2021, 08:30 PM
Wallhanger

hmmm not sure what your thoughts are? you mean if they are doing this kind of a launch? if not and you are by yourself you have to park your truck and return, and not all docks are set up very good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2021, 09:35 PM
Keeper

In the other lane there were two guys, one in the boat and the other in the truck. Thor was able to launch his drone and the boat by himself in what seemed like a fraction of the time the other guys took to trailer theirs. Seemed like they did a lot of sitting still after the boat was on the trailer.

Maybe they were running the gas out of it is suppose.

I Just don’t see that much inactivity very often. Seemed weird.

Steve
Old 02-25-2021, 09:38 PM
Keeper

Watched it again..,never mind. They were trying to access the winch stand. Still...
Old 02-26-2021, 06:25 AM
Wallhanger

Didn't look like anyone was waiting. No hurry.
Old 02-26-2021, 07:01 AM
Charter Member

Thordogg, I could probably one up you if I had the courage. A friend of mine built a powered lift for his Xi5, showed me how he did it, and I built one for myself. I improved mine by having a remote control button for the lift. As i said, if I had the courage, I could back down the ramp, unhook everything, put the Xi5 in the upright position with the motor raised, then launch the boat. With my motor lift remote, I can drop the Xi5 into the water, then use the Xi5 remote to position the boat away from the dock. Here's a video clip of my friend raising and lowering the motor with his lift mechanism. I wish I could do a video of mine, but I can't use the lift while on the trailer as it hit the winch post. https://studio.youtube.com/video/Kg-uhk09jTw/edit
Old 02-26-2021, 07:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Walker View Post
hmmm not sure what your thoughts are? you mean if they are doing this kind of a launch? if not and you are by yourself you have to park your truck and return, and not all docks are set up very good.
Some guys at the launch are just over anxious and inpatient so the adrenalin starts to flow. When I see another guy trying to push me with a red face, you know the look I mean, I slow down on purpose and recheck everything a second time. Not going to risk damaging my boat, my truck or chance injuring myself or others I am taking out by getting pushed by the next guy in the line. I had a dude literally blowing his horn and yelling at me because I got out of the truck to double check the straps and when he did that I walked away and went to the bathroom. He was the only one waiting and there was a second lane with a guy and hi wife and kids loading the boat.
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 02-26-2021, 08:55 AM
Minnow

What bbheli said!
You are already at the lake, chill.
Or maybe you could even offer to help someone.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:26 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker525 View Post
Thank you for sharing. Cool video. I do the same with my Xi5. I will park it 100 yds out from the dock when busy. You should see the looks from other boaters. They will cruise in to get a closer look, and I will move the boat away from them each time they try, as I am at the parking area overlook. My attempt at humor.
Like I tell the kids. " I only have to humor myself."