Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
fire extinguisher - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-06-2021, 09:56 PM
crazyboatguy

Fire extinqishers are for some one else not me. If my boats is on fire I'm jumping in. I saw a boat catch fire once and it burned like a roman candle in seconds. Get out of your boat if it starts on fire instead of looing for the extinqusher look for a life jacket and jump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2021, 04:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboatguy View Post
Fire extinqishers are for some one else not me. If my boats is on fire I'm jumping in. I saw a boat catch fire once and it burned like a roman candle in seconds. Get out of your boat if it starts on fire instead of looing for the extinqusher look for a life jacket and jump
Why would you look for a life jacket? Isn't the one you are already wearing sufficient?
Old 03-07-2021, 07:25 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindave View Post
Why would you look for a life jacket? Isn't the one you are already wearing sufficient?
It's a clever but sad retort. I agree it's not the time to be putting one on with a fire going! Next time out, count the number of people you see wearing one all the time. Don't. mean to derail the thread.

I have one mounted in the passenger cockpit area....up against the passenger left leg/foot. I have to much stuff in the drivers cockpit area to mount one. Have a second one in the drivers side rod locker.

Marty
Old 03-08-2021, 06:51 PM
Keeper

I have decided not to drill holes and mount it, Im going to leave it in the open rod storage next to my drivers seat like i did on my last 2 boats
Old 03-08-2021, 07:18 PM
Wallhanger

I store them on top of one of the side comportments in my boat. Been checked many times and never once been told it needs to be mounted out in the open. Everyone in my boat knows where it is.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:28 PM
crazyboatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntindave View Post

I have a 21 footer, I swim like a fish, why on earth would I wear one all day long. I have worn one once it the last 15 years and we were running in 6 footers. I get that some people who are crippled, old or can't swim need one but really .................
Old 03-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Keeper

Quote:
I have a 21 footer, I swim like a fish, why on earth would I wear one all day long. I have worn one once it the last 15 years and we were running in 6 footers. I get that some people who are crippled, old or can't swim need one but really .................
How good and how far you think you can swim in cold water and with a lot of warm clothes and heavy boots on? i seen a guy pulled out of the cold water who thought the same thing, it was 4 days later when he came to the surface and they drug him out
Old 03-08-2021, 08:26 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Yes, I get that you are invincible.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:57 PM
crazyboatguy

So in mid summer 85 degrees temps on a 300 acre lake with people on it I need to wear a life jacket all day ??? I would be the only one out there with one on. Do you guys wear every piece of safety equipment ever made every time you engage in an outdoor activity. What a bunch of old ladies.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
So in mid summer 85 degrees temps on a 300 acre lake with people on it I need to wear a life jacket all day ??? I would be the only one out there with one on. Do you guys wear every piece of safety equipment ever made every time you engage in an outdoor activity. What a bunch of old ladies.
Same thinking is why folks get killed when a drunken boater is exceeding the no wake restrictions on said lake, rams into another boat, throwing the other, now unconscious, boater into the water.

BTW, In the original question, that same "bunch of ladies" would be standing firm and putting out the fire.