Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Kicker Question - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 05-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Wallhanger

As mentioned above I ran a Johnson 9.9 4 stroke with a Solas 5 pitch 4 blade prop and it did a wonderful job on my 182 Crestliner flat calm water forward slowest was .3 GPS. The motor mounts were not built to take the abuse of being tilted up and running it was showing considerable wear in that area. It was a pull start and manual lift when I went to my T8 the electric start and power tilt is worth the price alone many times remember having to try and tilt that 9.9 up in rough water it could get kinda dicey at times. Most trolling speeds the charging system on these kicker is only about 6-8 amps and that is high RPM the most one could ask is to maintain the starting battery at best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Slot Fish

Thanks for the help. How about using a 9.9 bigfoot as a kicker? I see the bigfoot has the same gear ratio as the pro kicker and a lower pitch prop. Would there be any advantage of using a bigfoot 9.9 over a regular 9.9? Thanks again.