Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Worst McDonald's? - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-29-2019, 08:30 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternWashingtonBoater View Post
You mean the square patty wendy's? Been everywhere on the West Coast for decades ... LOL
I call em Windys because if you eat there that’s what you’ll be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2019, 08:51 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Sorry but I have to ask why would anyone wait 46 minutes for a McDonalds breakfast sandwich? Wasn’t there a truck stop with roller dogs close by?
Always order fresh fries at McDonald’s unless you go inside and can see they are selling them faster than the can make them I like the biscuits in the am but always have them hold the bacon & cheese. Both r nasty
To answer your question....because we didn't think it would be that long, we had already paid for the food and after a few minutes it became a quest...how long was it going to take, talking with the rest of the weary travelers that were waiting, watching the guys who were anxious to get going nervously pacing around and we got a couple free refills from the soda fountain. After about 30 min my wife was ready to leave, but I was determined to see it through. When it finally came up, cheers of joy and sarcasm was well worth the wait.
Old 05-29-2019, 09:02 PM
Keeper

Furthest west i`ve been was Kenora , Ontario and that was back in 1988
Old 05-30-2019, 03:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspencreek View Post
When traveling thru the south I will look for Cracker Barrels. They are always clean, relatively cheap, pretty good food (particularly the breakfast) and was also a spot to park when I was boondocking during my youth. Yes, during my 20's I traveled all over the US doing what many are now advertising. Back then it didn't have a name, but I had a truck setup with a camper shell and saw America.
We have Cracker Barrels here........but PRICEY here compared to our local mom & pop diners so we usually don't go there.........

Now when traveling south of here I like to stop at Waffle House........it's my favorite place to stop......wifey, not so much......but I'm driving.........right...... LOL
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 05-30-2019, 04:42 AM
Wallhanger

I get your point Aspencreek. I just see myself after about 5 minutes going over the counter and giving the manager a what for and a how come. I hate waiting for something as simple as an eggamuffin
Old 05-30-2019, 04:50 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
We have Cracker Barrels here........but PRICEY here compared to our local mom & pop diners so we usually don't go there.........

Now when traveling south of here I like to stop at Waffle House........it's my favorite place to stop......wifey, not so much......but I'm driving.........right...... LOL
Waffle House ???? Boy, you do have a cheap palate I wouldn't make it to the next exit on a road trip. That place runs through me like a freight train....

PjShorthorn
Old 05-30-2019, 05:08 AM
Wallhanger

I have 2 tips to offer, but sorry I can't help with the long wait times. 1 If you want fresh hot fries then order fries with no salt, they drop a new batch and take yours before salting the rest. Then ask for a packet of salt. 2 If you're drinking from the soda tower remove the black nozzle from the bottom of the valve. 1/4 turn ccw and gently pull down, look under at the diffuser to see if clean. Do this to the nestea or strawberry valve as they are the most prone to grow all the mold. If it is clean then they are doing there job, if not then you won't want a fountain drink after seeing that.
Old 05-30-2019, 05:35 AM
Wallhanger

In early April ago we were taking a day trip for Sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River just down stream from I-Falls. We decided to stop at Micky D's in Virginia, MN. Worse than what I've read about I Falls. There were very few customers and 3 people working. Still took 40 minutes to get our food. So much for our quick grab and go plan.

I think their whole business plan of using cheap labor to work like a dog is now outdated. Their pool of teenaged labor isn't available anymore as more and more kids don't work while in high school. The kids that do can find better jobs that pay more.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:09 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseline View Post
In early April ago we were taking a day trip for Sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River just down stream from I-Falls. We decided to stop at Micky D's in Virginia, MN. Worse than what I've read about I Falls. There were very few customers and 3 people working. Still took 40 minutes to get our food. So much for our quick grab and go plan.

I think their whole business plan of using cheap labor to work like a dog is now outdated. Their pool of teenaged labor isn't available anymore as more and more kids don't work while in high school. The kids that do can find better jobs that pay more.
Around here the starting wage at McDonalds is $12/hr per the signage I saw yesterday. The business model worked fine until the went to "cook to order". That will extend everyones wait time an additional 5 to 10 min. BUT, I waited in a drive thru line last night for 35 min at a Taco Bell (I know, I need to make better choices), but it was late and they were the only place open near the hotel.
Old 05-30-2019, 08:46 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
I get your point Aspencreek. I just see myself after about 5 minutes going over the counter and giving the manager a what for and a how come. I hate waiting for something as simple as an eggamuffin
I've been calling it the "eggamuffin" ever since the late 70's or early 80's when this Mr. Rogers parody skit came out and was played on the radio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riL7O0oUezs