Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Saginaw bay shootout - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 03-10-2005, 07:52 AM
Sneak peek

Default RE: Saginaw bay shootout

Special for Walleye Central readers............. a sneak peek at the Great Lakes Walleye Classic website

http://www.norwaycurrent.com/glwc/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 08:29 AM
jan mitchel

I'll be there. But I guess my 17 year old won't be my partner. Wondering about that rule. Also see the locals won't be fishing the weekend before (at least the ones in the tournament). Not complaining, sounds like a great time & looking foward to it. Good job Bo.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:59 AM
TheWayOutdoors

At this point, it certainly isn't too late for the rules to be modified. Perhaps we need some feedback about age restrictions..... Let's get a dialog going...... but quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2005, 10:50 AM
Wallhanger

I see no reason why you would want to limit your field by restricting the age. Lots of guys fish these with their kids. You might want to change the language to reflect that at least one team member must be 18 or over. I like the restricted pre-fishing time period, and really like the cell phone rule - I've heard the use of cell phones on Saginaw Bay can be an issue...
Old 03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Charter Member

So how long is the prefishing shut down for? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see that anywhere. I assume it would be for at least the weekend before the event which means for the Lake Erie event you are eliminating 15 teams from Ohio and 15 from Mich. that will be fishing the GNWC National Championship on the Saturday before this event. Doesn't seem to make sense to me?
Old 03-10-2005, 12:20 PM
Charter Member

>$450?
>
>$50 to enter and $400 to launch at hoyles

I don't care who you are that's funny.

However, You forgot to mention the $100 non refundable restroom key.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:29 PM
Luckystrike

I'm a little confused on the wording of the prefish rule. Are you saying that we can not prefish after Tuesday or before? I would think the obviuos answer would be after Tueaday, but the rule states that prefishing begins on Tuesday. If we cannot prefish prior to
Tuesday, what are the dates of off limits? Can you clear this up Bo? Thanks!
Old 03-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Wallhanger

Looks like a good set up. here are some thoughts on the rules.

Age - I think there should be an exception for those fishing with their kids. An admendment for 16 and 17 year olds fishing only with parent is not unreasonable.

Pre fishing time needs to be better defined. The no prefishing before Tuesday should be better defined. Closing the waters to prefishing/fishing from a date to the Tuesday before will better define your closed water period.

4 days of practice is a mighty short time to find the right fish for those coming from out of town. These are huge bodies of water with lots of places to check for fish. If I were to travel to one of these tourneys, I would need to take a week off at the day job. Extendingthe prefish time to include the weekend prior to the tourney will allow people to make better use of the time off work and allow them to cover more water. I do not think this will give advantage to local teams. A short 4 day prefish favors those that network prior to the tourney.

No mention of working live wells in the rules?

No CELL phones. It is about time some one addressed this.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:19 PM
TheWayOutdoors

Thank you for your comments. Keep them coming....

On the date selection...... it was challenging to say the very least and I bet we changed them a dozen times since last November. Too many tournaments and one-day events and local shindigs all over the area.... And I have a feeling when we plan 2006, there will be conflicts galore.....

Tight lines, folks... even through the ice

Old 03-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Sneak Peak

The key fee went DOWN?????? When did that happen? LOL