Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Green bay question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 05-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Minnow

Default Green bay question

thinking of trying green bay out of oconto this year. It will have to be after the 2nd week of july. Can anyone tell me the best time and the best presentation to use. I have a 19 foot lund and plenty of trolling equiptment. Thanks for any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Keeper

I haven't fished out of Oconto, but have done well in past years in University Bay and the Bayshore areas. Most times I'm pulling crawler harnesses in purple, copper or gold. 50-80 ft of line behind boards, large split shot about 5' in front of the blades, 5-12 f.o.w. Speed 1.0-1.7 mph on the gps. You'll find walleye, catfish, and large sheepheads with this setup. If you go a little deeper, try husky jerks, flicker shads or glass shad raps in purple or clown colors. I fished with a guy last year that was telling me that he did really well on big walleyes with a 1-1/2 oz bottom bouncer and purple harnesses fishing right in the shipping channel. Good luck!