Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Derek Jeter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 09-08-2021, 02:10 PM
Wallhanger

Default Derek Jeter

The advantage of being retired is I could sit at home and watch Jeter get inducted into the Hall Of Fame. Very good speech, not the smoothest but he did well. I can't imagine what it would be like to play in NY for all those years. 23 years, all for New York.

One very telling thing I took from the day....never once was A-Fraud interviewed or shown in a highlight clip. Jeter also took a backhanded swipe by stating "I never took shortcuts". Classic.

I can only imagine how much it bothers A-Fraud that he couldn't unseat Jeter at shortstop or as the Captain of the Yankees.

Congratulations Derek Jeter HOF 2021.
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2021, 02:47 PM
Wallhanger

I'm sorry I missed it. I hate the Yankees, but Jeter was a phenomenal player and seems to be a pretty decent person, too.

Gerry
Old 09-08-2021, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

yes jeter was "mr yankee" and you had to love all his girls, i think he beat everybody in that department! really dont remember but did a-junk ever really produce with the yanks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2021, 03:36 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowfin123 View Post
yes jeter was "mr yankee" and you had to love all his girls, i think he beat everybody in that department! really dont remember but did a-junk ever really produce with the yanks?

I'm not sure he wasn't on something since the day he left high school. All that talent and he flushed his reputation right down the toilet.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:42 PM
Wallhanger

Jeter was my favorite bball player, and he never embarrassed the league or the game. He was a total player and I loved to watch him.
Old 09-08-2021, 08:32 PM
Wallhanger

I agree. He was an awesome player and probably my favorite baseball player ever.
H-bird Helix 7di G4
Minnkota Ultrex
Old 09-09-2021, 05:07 AM
Keeper

Default Jeter

My family and I were huge Yankee fans because of Derek Jeter. We went to countless Columbus Clippers games while Derek was playing and my boys spoke with him many times. We unknowingly sat next to Derek's parents during a doubleheader. We found out in the first inning when a grounder went between Derek's legs and this gentleman sitting next to me said, Dammit Derek". I said to him, "That is your son isn't it?" He said yes and we had a great visit. Between games of the doubleheader Derek came over to chat with his parents and Mr. Jeter insisted that my two boys come down and visit. He signed a baseball card for each right there on the field.
Congrats to Derek and his parents for all of the Yankee accomplishments. He is truly a class act with all of the intangibles to be one of the greatest.

Tip of the cap to you Mr. Jeter