Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Housing shortage in I Falls - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 06-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Wallhanger

Default Housing shortage in I Falls

I typically overnight in I Falls on a Thursday night on my way north. Usually just stop in without a reservation and have had my choice of rooms at a variety of places. On a whim, I called the place where I usually stay and they only had two rooms left for my designated night this year. When I asked what the heck is going on, I was told that two motels suffered fire damage and another was closed because of bedbugs. So regardless of past practice and the night you usually pass through / overnight in I Falls, seems you would be well served calling ahead and making a reservation.
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2018, 04:01 PM
Wallhanger

Your next options would be the 2 motels in Orr. Oversons Resort and i'm not sure of the name of the other. I'm sure a google search would turn it up.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Wallhanger

Or cross the border and stay in Fort Francis.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARDA 1 View Post
Or cross the border and stay in Fort Francis.
Rooms in FF are usually fully booked months in advance during the summer. So don't plan on that without some lead time.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 06-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Wallhanger

Default Housing shortage in I Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Lunker View Post
I typically overnight in I Falls on a Thursday night on my way north. Usually just stop in without a reservation and have had my choice of rooms at a variety of places. On a whim, I called the place where I usually stay and they only had two rooms left for my designated night this year. When I asked what the heck is going on, I was told that two motels suffered fire damage and another was closed because of bedbugs. So regardless of past practice and the night you usually pass through / overnight in I Falls, seems you would be well served calling ahead and making a reservation.
Do you for certain what hotel,supposedly had the bedbug problem?
We always stay in I Falls and I donít want to start a vacation with bedbugs!
Old 06-05-2018, 06:23 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by btyreprich View Post
Do you for certain what hotel,supposedly had the bedbug problem?
We always stay in I Falls and I donít want to start a vacation with bedbugs!
According to reviews on trip advisor, the Knights in was the one with bed bugs. Lots of other negative reviews too.

I always stayed at the Tee Pee. That is one of the ones that had a fire. I loved staying there! Old school decor, but always clean. Their showers had THE BEST water pressure I have ever experienced!

Check the Northern Lights motel. I had a room booked there for 6/15, but had to cancel since we had to shift the dates of our trip. They seemed cool to work with over the phone.

I'm staying in Orr this year. I'm driving up from Indiana and we always seemed to roll into IF after 9pm. Figured we would try something different!
Old 06-05-2018, 01:38 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockape View Post
According to reviews on trip advisor, the Knights in was the one with bed bugs. Lots of other negative reviews too.

I always stayed at the Tee Pee. That is one of the ones that had a fire. I loved staying there! Old school decor, but always clean. Their showers had THE BEST water pressure I have ever experienced!

Check the Northern Lights motel. I had a room booked there for 6/15, but had to cancel since we had to shift the dates of our trip. They seemed cool to work with over the phone.

I'm staying in Orr this year. I'm driving up from Indiana and we always seemed to roll into IF after 9pm. Figured we would try something different!
Excellent - we are at a totally different hotel in town and have done so for the past 3 or more years. Quite pleased with this particular motel. Glad to hear our motel is not the one with bugs.