Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Site participation - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Keeper

Default Site participation

Have people stopped coming to this site? Seems like responses and participation has dropped off in last year or so.

I stop coming periodically when i get asked to reset my password. No other forums I visit have the issues this one has with password security or whatever the reason this site has.

Just saying...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2019, 03:49 PM
former self

Default former self

The site isn't even a shadow of its former self. Many reasons, password issues, everything turning into a pissing match, a handful of the same posters. I check in periodically just by chance there's an interesting, civil thread going on but it's getting further and further in between it seems. It is what it is...unfortunately.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Wallhanger

There is another site I used to visit. Its a local fishing site area. Anyway it used to be the local go to site for info, until the management got a gestapo attitude. That attitude drives guys away. I check the site every so often and there is no one on it. Its not the guys who cause the site to be unpopular it the management that chases them away. One mans opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2019, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

Default People move on

I have to think that many of the "old guard" have moved on (in more ways than one...).

This site was at it's peak when the interest in walleye fishing was starting to get popular. The era of Gary Roach, Linder Brothers, etc. was when about everything was new or in flux. Most walleye guys are now really good at what they do so how many times can we discuss jig colors, weights, bottom bounder depth vs weight, speed, etc. without most now ignoring the thread.

WC is still the best place for the beginner or veteran to get answers regardless of the sophistication of the question. The Boat, Electronics, Insurance and other technical forums are a gold mine of information and answers. I've never posted a question and not got a lot of great and accurate information.

I don't hold the administrators in contempt for keeping this forum civil and on task. Other online forums are just a place for the troll's to gather and harass the legit guys discussing the subject at hand. WC has "class" and I hope it stays that way.

Yes, there are some "regulars" on here everyday (I might be one of them) because of the information shared. If someone has a question and I have a possible answer, I will chime in. People have helped me and I appreciate it.

Pooch

"Human beings seldom think for themselves... For the most part, members of our species simply repeat what they are told and become upset if they are exposed to any different view. The characteristic human trait is not awareness but conformity... We are stubborn, self-destructive conformists. Any other view of our species is just a self-congratulatory delusion."
Old 04-22-2019, 07:59 PM
Wallhanger

I think more people checked in for the Tournament coverage then people thought. I know I always looked forward to Tournament weeks.

I'm sure everybody that has left has their own reason.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:14 AM
Wallhanger

On a local site, I used to post a lot. On another local site I posted very little. I used the same name on both sites. Well the owner of the second site contacted me and told me if I did not post more on his site, he would ban me, DUH. Like I said the management gets an attitude. Needless to say I was banned from his site.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post
I have to think that many of the "old guard" have moved on (in more ways than one...).

This site was at it's peak when the interest in walleye fishing was starting to get popular. The era of Gary Roach, Linder Brothers, etc. was when about everything was new or in flux. Most walleye guys are now really good at what they do so how many times can we discuss jig colors, weights, bottom bounder depth vs weight, speed, etc. without most now ignoring the thread.

WC is still the best place for the beginner or veteran to get answers regardless of the sophistication of the question. The Boat, Electronics, Insurance and other technical forums are a gold mine of information and answers. I've never posted a question and not got a lot of great and accurate information.

I don't hold the administrators in contempt for keeping this forum civil and on task. Other online forums are just a place for the troll's to gather and harass the legit guys discussing the subject at hand. WC has "class" and I hope it stays that way.

Yes, there are some "regulars" on here everyday (I might be one of them) because of the information shared. If someone has a question and I have a possible answer, I will chime in. People have helped me and I appreciate it.

Pooch
What Pooch said.

Bill
Old 04-23-2019, 08:28 AM
Wallhanger

I came across this site when I bought a bigger boat and started to fish on a more regular schedule. Rather I like how the site is operated or not it has provided me with lots of good information. Sure some things are a hassle and some individuals are a pita. But many give good advise, information and ideas. I'm a better boat owner/operator and fisherman because of sites like this. I believe the key is to take what you I want and leave the rest. Just my take.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:17 AM
Wallhanger

Not as many people on my other favorite forum either. I don't think younger people go on forums much. Mostly Facebook & stuff.
Old 04-23-2019, 09:39 AM
Keeper

I found this site by accident but really enjoy the topics and answers. I have noticed thought in the little time I've been here that the number and variety of posters has decreased.