Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Dodge e torque - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-07-2019, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

Default Dodge e torque

looking at a 2020 Dodge Ram...trying to sell me on the e torque, says all vehicles will have it soon, adds a lot more torque and improved mileage...anybody have it and your opinions please

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Wallhanger

I am curious to read what others say, too. When I heard about it, I found a review that made it sound like the juice wasn't worth the squeeze - cost a fair amount and didn't offer a ton of benefits. No idea if that's true or not but I'm anxious to read what owners say
Old 11-08-2019, 04:29 AM
Wallhanger

The salesman told me it is $1000.option, i deleted the sun roof ($1600.) I never used it.

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2019, 05:02 AM
Wallhanger

I read an article on it. Sounds like around a 2mpg increase and not much for performance.

Also sounds like a lot more stuff to go wrong.

"If you're wise enough to wear a seatbelt in your truck.....you're wise enough to wear a life jacket in your boat....." (B-man)

Grady White 208 Hard-top 200 Yami
Lund Pro V 1660 60 HP Merc
Pro-Line 24 wa 250 Verado (sold)
Lund 186 Tyee 175 Verado (sold)
Ram 2500 Cummins
Old 11-08-2019, 05:21 AM
Wallhanger

dodge is loosing to ford and chev in hp and torque so they're scrambling. dodge tranny and chassis can't handle what it has now. there was huge uptick in Dodge trucks in western ND in the oil patch. now people are going away after the results. I tested them all extensively and ruled dodge out early. wanted a ford but couldn't get near the deal i got on the chevy. love the duramax
Old 11-08-2019, 07:01 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
dodge is loosing to ford and chev in hp and torque so they're scrambling. dodge tranny and chassis can't handle what it has now. there was huge uptick in Dodge trucks in western ND in the oil patch. now people are going away after the results. I tested them all extensively and ruled dodge out early. wanted a ford but couldn't get near the deal i got on the chevy. love the duramax

LOL. You do realize this post is about 1500 trucks right? The Hemi has more power than the Silverado or F150. The 8 speed transmission is one of the best that is put in any vehicles.

Since you are talking the HD’s, RAM leads the pack in gassers - their 6.4 Hemi is why the other two are coming out with new gas engines this year. The Cummins has had the highest torque available for years (and is still within a few foot pounds of the Ford) and the Aisin transmission is the only one in the field that is a true medium duty - every bit the equal to the competition.

I’m glad you like your Duramax. But there is a reason that RAM (there hasn’t been a Dodge truck for years) now outsells Chevy.

To the OP, I haven’t read anything really negative about the etorque. I have heard anecdotal reports that off the line power is better than the standard Hemi. Not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze on this one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2019, 08:32 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBin303 View Post
LOL. You do realize this post is about 1500 trucks right? The Hemi has more power than the Silverado or F150. The 8 speed transmission is one of the best that is put in any vehicles.

Since you are talking the HD’s, RAM leads the pack in gassers - their 6.4 Hemi is why the other two are coming out with new gas engines this year. The Cummins has had the highest torque available for years (and is still within a few foot pounds of the Ford) and the Aisin transmission is the only one in the field that is a true medium duty - every bit the equal to the competition.

I’m glad you like your Duramax. But there is a reason that RAM (there hasn’t been a Dodge truck for years) now outsells Chevy.

To the OP, I haven’t read anything really negative about the etorque. I have heard anecdotal reports that off the line power is better than the standard Hemi. Not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze on this one though.

Can you please go though all my old posts and correct all the stuff I got wrong. You are very good at it. Make sure you use alot of LOLs maybe a few DUHs so I can feel some shame, thanks.

A little background on the information in a thread would lead to less people misunderstanding. Especially when dealing with emerging technologies.

Old 11-08-2019, 02:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBin303 View Post

can you copy and paste where he stated 1500. thanks
Old 11-08-2019, 07:22 PM
Gopher 3X

After being a Ford guy for the last 20+ years I recently purchased a 2020 RAM 1500 Limited with the 5.7 Hemi eTorque. I looked hard at Fords before I made the switch and in the end it was an easy choice. Interior quality and technology of the RAM blows Ford away. Love the adjustable air suspension in the RAM vs. leaf springs in the Fords. The eTorque is now standard with the 5.7 motor. The eTorque system adds 130 ft lbs of torque to the 5.7 Hemi. It replaces the alternator, improves mileage about 2 mpg and allows the motor shut down at stoplights to be totally seamless. The higher torque is especially noticeable at low speeds. This truck gets off the line in a hurry. I've only had this new truck for a few weeks but I'm totally impressed.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:09 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
can you copy and paste where he stated 1500. thanks
He said eTorque. Only available in the 1500.