Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund touchup paint source - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Slot Fish

Default Lund touchup paint source

I have a lund 2015 Pro Guide 1775 with black metallic topside and siverstone bottom. My local dealer does not carry touchup paint and suggested I get it from an auto paint store. No problem for the silverstone but I am having a problem finding the black from a store or online.

The Black code is FDGH 939695. If anyone has a source or an equivalent auto paint code I would appreciate hearing from them.

Thanks Ron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Wallhanger

You may find it easier to bring your boat to an automotive paint supply store or body shop that has a paint scanner. Have them mix up a sample and see how it matches. I have good matches and not so good depending on the quality of the scanner
Old 07-23-2017, 01:37 PM
Wallhanger

That is a PPG paint code. Any licensed PPG store should be able to match it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2017, 01:54 PM
Slot Fish

I went to two ppg dealers and they were unable to find the code. Good idea on the scanner I will try a local body shop.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Keeper

I use paintscratch.com for all my truck and boat touch-ups. I think it was about $40 for the color paint pen, clear coat pen and rubbing compound packet in a kit when I found a small scratch on my GMC. You can call them or order on-line with that code. The boat paints I see have changed, I was able to get a kit like that for both the blue and sand beach on my Pro-v but the website says now you can only get catalyzed spray.

Last edited by bubba800; 07-23-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Wallhanger

Be careful. Scanners generally cannot match metallic paints. They only measure color and the metallic pigment could be one of 100's of different sizes or colors, and that's what gives metallic paints it's proper look. If someone sells you something they say matches, make sure you test it in a hidden area first. I would call Lund and see if they can give you an alternative code or possibly a source to get it from(maybe them). I bit the bullet on my Tundra and ordered my paint through Tracker. It shipped direct from the paint manufacturer with the entire kit and matched perfectly.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:52 PM
topwatertim

Default Duplicolor

Black Met(allic) matches pretty darn close. It's an acrylic lacquer just like the expensive Lund stuff. Same thing, local, cheaper. Follow up with a clear coat of acrylic lacquer..
Old 07-22-2019, 10:04 PM
Slot Fish

Auto part store canít match it, I tried. Itís also a special paint. I may have a can and the sprayer as itís not sold in a spray can. Iíll check tomorrow.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:40 PM
Keeper

6 years ago my Crestliner dealer got 2 cans pebble white for me from factory.. Crestliner and Lund same parent company, maybe dealer just doesnít want to.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:30 PM
Wallhanger

Default Paint

I just got a couple cans of Silver Stone from Paint Scratch. They don't match well. Too light. I have to take a pic and send back. They will adjust to match.
3 Helix 10s
Ulterra 112 w/Link