Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
bow mount anchor ? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Walleye Boats and Motors

Old 07-15-2008, 06:13 AM
AlW

Default bow mount anchor ?

Last Sat was quite windy and running fairly hard into the waves my Minnkota terrova came undone and drooped into the water, I'm 99% sure I heard it click when storing it but either way I'd like to add another anchor mount.
Doing a search I come up with the Ram mount as most popular, but there was a comment about even that releasing, is their a way I can anchor the terrova shaft to the bow of my Alumacraft Trophy Sport that will stay anchored?

tia

Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: bow mount anchor ?

Will not moving your height adjustment locking collar down as far as it will go keep the motor from hitting the water if your motor decides to deploy?

That is what I was told but never looked at it very closely.

Old 07-15-2008, 08:26 AM
Keeper

I use the ram mount to secure my Maxxum Pro trolling motor to the floor of my bow. The ram is very secure. I'm not sure how it would fail unless you don't have it secured properly to the floor of the boat or you don't tighten the ram arm completely when traveling.

The Maxxum also comes the velcro strap. During a day of fishing if the water isn't to bad I just use the strap.

Like2Fish
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008, 08:53 AM
AlW

Moving the collar would work I think, hadn't tried that, thanks.

I'll look at the Ram mount, maybe whoever it was that had trouble with it didn't have it set right.

I'd like to keep the shaft from bouncing around also, not sure but I doubt its doing it any good.

Thanks

Al
Old 07-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Keeper

Al, like someone else said, I'll second simply moving down the height adjustment collar, works like a charm on long bumpy rides. I also do the same thing when trailering the boat, simply slide the collar all the way down, tighten it up, that way the motor has no place to go. Good luck

The Ram mount would also work too, and keep the shaft from bouncing around as well
Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
AlW

Thanks Uzzi, I've been doing a bit more searching and a Ram mount with the collar adjusted up sounds like as good as any way to do it.

Watching the trolling motor bounce up and deploy at planning speeds makes for more excitement than I care for...:)

Al
Old 07-15-2008, 08:48 PM
AlW

Thanks Uzzi, I've been doing a bit more searching and a Ram mount with the collar adjusted up sounds like as good as any way to do it.

Watching the trolling motor bounce up and deploy at planning speeds makes for more excitement than I care for...:)

Al
Old 07-16-2008, 06:47 AM
Klaas Act - Rich Ziert

For added protection, there's always bungi cords measured to stretch as tight as possible.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:23 AM
AlW

>For added protection, there's always bungi cords measured to
>stretch as tight as possible.

I seem to lose Bungi cords about as fast as I lose hats, but I'll give it a thought, maybe anchor one end so it doesn't disapear..:)
Thanks.

Al
Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Keeper

Yikes, no kidding, I hear ya! I often wonder about that too, esp since a lot of the time my fishing partners usually pull the bow moutn out of the water.....I always tell them to make sure you hear the click when it locks into place, but you just never know! Good luck!