Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
maxxum 101 for ranger...... - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Keeper

Default maxxum 101 for ranger......

I have a ranger 620 I am going to put a maxxum on it wanting to know where to run the wires from the foot pedal to the power leads through what part on the dash of the front of the boat? I currently have a motor guild on there now and I know the power cords are hidden and don't go through the pedal like the maxxum.dose anyone have any pictures of this also??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Keeper

Default ????

Just cause I m not talking about a tervola I m just looking for advice........some people don't have the money to buy one so any suggestions??????
Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Minnow

The cable steer foot pedal on the maxxum goes directly to the trolling motor. You will just have to plug in the 12 volt power supply on the front "dash" of your boat that powers the trolling motor. Should be an easy conversion.

H
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Keeper

Default 2006 ranger 620

But on my boat I don't know where to mount a plug for it or if there is room because I have a graph and my tilt and trim/ livewell/ baitwell buttons are up front???????
Old 01-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Wallhanger

I thought they came with a plug installed already. Should be to the left of your bow keypad
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahonen12 View Post
I have a ranger 620 I am going to put a maxxum on it wanting to know where to run the wires from the foot pedal to the power leads through what part on the dash of the front of the boat? I currently have a motor guild on there now and I know the power cords are hidden and don't go through the pedal like the maxxum.dose anyone have any pictures of this also??
Might be having a hard time getting answers because your question doesn't really make much sense?

There are no power leads on the foot pedal of a Maxxum. Cables run to the foot pedal for steering, and there is an electrical cord pre-rigged in the same bunch that controls, on/off and momentary/continuous switches - but these are not powered from a lead on the foot pedal. Pre-wired.

The power for the Maxxum Motor runs on a wire that comes off the head. Often, to manage wire routing - these are zip tied to the steering cable package, along with a transducer wire, for a portion of the steering cable's length. Keeps the wires neat from the head, to a location that is closer to the plug in where they then run separate.

That wire is the only wire you have to run to a plug.

Every 620 I've seen has a dash plate to accomodate a plug-in. If there is a specific reason why that will not work on your 620, we might need a pic. I do suggest a plug and not hard-wiring the trolling motor to the battery.

I'm not sure if the Fourtrex has changed from the Maxxum rigging requirements, I have not owned a Fourtrex. I have a Maxxum, and have had many. They are among the easiest to rig/wire of any bow mount trolling motor. If you have a plug in the boat at any front location, the Maxxum will be easy to get the power cord there.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Slot Fish

could it be that the OP's old TM was mounted with a hole drilled in the top cap that the power wires from the MG were routed through and then on to the breaker/battery? Basically, the very clean look with no power wires exposed and no need for a plug???? I don't have a 620 but do remember this being an option when I ordered my 1850.

With that said, I would think there would be a spot on the front panel to install a plug - probably have to drill a hole for it.

OP - maybe post a picture of your front panel and one of these guys will be able to help.