Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Fishing Contours with MinnKota Terrova - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 09-29-2019, 11:57 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilzbow View Post
To add to my earlier post, I’m a western fisherman and I’ve only used in when running a max of four lines and I usually only run 2 - 3 when trolling for trout. I use it even more when moving along a shoreline working shelves with jig and other baits via casting and retrieving.

Another great feature is the ability to create your own course by setting way points using your depth finders via down or side imaging and then letting the Minnkota navigate the course. You can do this on a weed edge or along other fish holding structure.

The last consideration is that follow the contour has only worked for me with the HD Lakemaster maps. The standard maps don’t have a enough contour lines for it to work in my experience.
Great info regarding HD LakeMaster map chip! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2019, 11:59 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersaki View Post
I was fishing yesterday in 20 mph winds gusting to 30. We were bottom bouncing using follow the contour. The only issue that I had was during the seconds between setting the cursor on the target contour and entering the direction that I wanted to go I was already blown 30 foot away. Once on the contour however, it held pretty well. We had only two lines out. I always go into the wind and use the MK cruise control. If the contours have a lot of tight, twisty turns I'll use auto pilot instead of FTC, which gives you the option to vary your course from the existing contours by using the purple line. We also trolled cranks using the main motor for propulsion and FTC and cruise control for steering. It kept us right on the contour.

andersaki
I appreciate your feedback. Your experience gives me added confidence to purchase the Humminbird / Terrova combo.