Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Need Humminbird part - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > For Sale and Services > Swap Board

Old 07-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Default Need Humminbird part

I'm in need of the little metal clip that holds the cables in the mounting base of most H/B 300 thru 700 series units. H/B has a kit for about $15.00, and probably another $10 to ship it. Sure would like to get one to my house for about $5.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Keeper

Me Too!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Minnow

Did you contact Humminbird customer service? They have sent me parts for no charge before. I have to say that they have always helped me and I think their customer service is awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkdryver View Post
Did you contact Humminbird customer service? They have sent me parts for no charge before. I have to say that they have always helped me and I think their customer service is awesome!
I guess I could give it a try. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkdryver View Post
That worked for me when I was getting loss of power on my 788ci while wacking Lake Erie chop. Search for previous posts as I contacted Deborah soemthing or other, a user on WC and another similar site that I can't mention here. I got a replacement power chord and the metal clip. If all else fails, straighten up existing sheet metal clip so things are sqaure and make sure retaining tabs firmly hold plug ends into base, perhaps bending to less than 90 degree angle a bit to put some load on the back of the plugs to hold more firmly in base and resist installation thrusting force. I see this as a continuing maintenance shore if you are removing head unit regularly. Also, pay close attention to assembly while installing the 2 screws. Make sure that plug ends are near flush with face of surrounding base. It's kmart brand Chinese made quality if you ask me when considering a better design would not rely on sheet metal that bends. I'd offer my spare, but likely need it some day unless I give it up and use superglue to hold cable plugs in place.

Last edited by ohiojmj; 07-28-2012 at 07:23 AM.