Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger employee spin off co (BoneYard) - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Bone Orchard > WC Bone Yard

Old 03-16-2019, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

[QUOTE=promopete;6300296]A lot of people predicted this...Ranger is now the new Bass Tracker. People bought Rangers because they were Rangers. They aren't anymore, quality and fit and finish are gone compared to boats made before Bass Pro moved in. Many feel Vexus will be what Ranger used to be. [B]I know a pro currently on the Bassmaster Circuit who told me 80% of the pros currently with Ranger will switch to Vexus. His speculation, not mine.[/QUOTE]
[/B]

Looking thru the competitors' pictures on the Bassmaster website, I'm not seeing all that many guys running Rangers anyways. Have they already lost the majority of that market? Lots of Triton's, Nitro's, Phoenix and BassCat logos,,,,,,,

HRG
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2019, 12:04 PM
Wallhanger

[QUOTE=Bobby Winds;6300664]You got to be kidding right........ I have lived my whole life within 20 minutes of Lake Erie...fished it as a kid off shore from many piers before I was old enough to buy a boat and fish it A LOT ! ! !

When I was much younger I placed in the top ten 5 years in a row in the Southtowns Walleye Tournament here on Erie.....over 2500 entrants back then. In order to do that you must fish what you refer to as TRUE BIG WATER.......largest waves I endured were 6' and they were flipping my planer boards over and I'm not talking those tiny inline boards many use today but double Great Lake boards off a 6' mast on the bow of my 16'-4" Grumman with a 84" beam.......but it was also 39" deep.......I doubt if I would have even been able to stay on board this boat in 6' seas, no room to fish in the cockpit where it "might" be safe and those casting platforms are for bass anglers not full time walleye fishermen.

OH, did I forget to mention I also did a LOT of salmon/trout fishing on Lake Ontario not to mention the mighty Niagara River where you will need a diaper if I took you up river thru the power plants and into Devils Hole.

That boat looks PURDY but it seems from the pics to lack a LOT of cockpit space with high enough gunnels to be consider a safe boat to fish on the Great Lakes.[/QUOTE]

King Bobby! Man you are great
Some people like more deck space than sitting area....
I’m one of those people. Sure they’ll be introducing another boat or two in the next few years.
Looks like a similar layout to the ranger 619-621 which I guess isn’t a good Erie boat either. :stirthepot:
BT terrova link
Old 03-16-2019, 12:31 PM
Keeper

I like the looks of the Vexus. Pretty well thought out features all over. I don’t care for the side graphics but nice hull shape, and allegedly 100’s of lbs lighter due to manufacturing process...would be nice if true. If and when I can afford to upgrade it will be in the mix.

Last edited by Roger B MN; 03-16-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:34 PM
Wallhanger

Ha HA! Bobby Winds, i'm sure you ran true 6 ft swells in your 16.5 footer back when we all walked to school 3 miles each way, up hill, in knee deep snow. I'm not here to get into a pissing match about who's got the bigger set, Never needed a diaper to run any water. I do know the capabilities of certain size boats and that Vexus is certainly big enough to run erie, lots of rangers with 26 inch deep cockpits do it ALL the time, and Safely i might add. Just because you did it back in the day in a deep bathtub doesn't mean that these new boats are at least as good and probably WAY better designed to run big water than your 16.5 ft bathtub. Maybe instead of criticizing things you should put yourself in one of these new high dollar boats and find out what they are truly made of. Might surprise you, but I'm sure that every boat out there that cost more than 15000 is a waste, not capable or better than your boat, at least in your own eyes.