Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Helix 10 G2N 2D/DI/SI Interesting Interference. Looking for input! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 07-27-2021, 08:50 AM
Keeper

Default Helix 10 G2N 2D/DI/SI Interesting Interference. Looking for input!

Hi All,

I have identical Helix 10 G2N units both support DI & SI. I have left and right SI transducers and the high speed 2d transducer hooked up via the Y adapter. Helix 1 is connected directly to the transducer cable and sharing the transducers via the hub.

I have 3 questions hoping I can get some input/suggestions. Hummingbird support said to check the y adapter. I really doubt it's the y cable.

1) I can't figure out which transducer to select.

2) I get clear images until the unit gets hot, like in the heat of the afternoon or after being on for a few hours.

3) I was surprised this past week. I did not see a thermocline while trolling on Hurons North Channel in 110' of water. I cranked up the sensitivity but still could not see it. Maybe I have the wrong td selected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2021, 09:20 AM
Wallhanger

You don`t share transducers you share the screen from one unit to the other, each unit has it`s own transducer hooked to that unit and that screen shot is what is shared across the network.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:05 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
You don`t share transducers you share the screen from one unit to the other, each unit has it`s own transducer hooked to that unit and that screen shot is what is shared across the network.
I don't believe this is correct. I have 2-SI, 1 - 2D transducers connected via the y adapter. This is connected directly to Helix 1 as is the heading sensor and a network cable.

Helix 2 has a network cable.

Both Units and the Ulterra are connected to the hub.

In the Network settings of the second Helix I can choose Helix 1 Transducers or Ulterra Transducer as the source. I do not need a ducer hooked directly to the second unit if networked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2021, 12:04 PM
Wallhanger

The transducers are not shared. The image from the one hooked to the unit is what is available to the others on ethernet. Bob
Old 07-28-2021, 12:43 PM
Keeper

Ok, I figured Helix 1 was just sharing sonar info and the Helix 2 does the drawing of the sonar info on it's own screen.

Anyways, That still leaves my questions

1) What is the correct transducer to select on Helix 1, if all 3 are connected via the y adapter.

2) I get clear images until the unit gets hot, like in the heat of the afternoon or after being on for a few hours.

3) I was surprised this past week. I did not see a thermocline while trolling on Hurons North Channel in 110' of water. I cranked up the sensitivity but still could not see it. Maybe I have the wrong td selected?