Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Common sense isn't so common - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 07-26-2021, 11:07 AM
welll

Default Common sense isn't so common

Pulling up to the dock at the ramp the other night...it's a single only launch. It's getting dark, bugs are showing up and the guy in front of me pulls out just enough to get his trailer out of the water but no enough to clear the ramp area so the next guy (me) can get put his trailer in the water. It's a nice newer Lund pulled with a newer F150 so one would assume that the guy had enough brain cells to hold down a decent enough job to buy things. The the guy (and wife) starts tying down , draining etc right there...after trying to bump his 19' boat sideways a 1/2" on the trailer to get it centered perfect. Meanwhile the bugs are tearing everyone else up who is waiting for him. I finally pulled up a foot behind him so he would get the idea...he pulls up just far enough to let me in but is still blocking the exit lane once I get my boat on the trailer.

Is this the future with the video game/millenial crowd ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2021, 11:12 AM
Wallhanger

Lack of common sense isn't limited by generations. It's also a lack of common curtesy these days also. Many people are of the me, me, me belief.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:19 AM
Minnow

Yes it is. Common sense is becoming less common. 3 weeks ago a weekend warrior on a Catamaran comes by at 20 mph within 25' of my stationary boat and catches and breaks my line. I give the clown a few choice words and hand gestures before I see him head to the landing to go home. Apparently they seem to still understand words and hand gestures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2021, 11:30 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldowillie View Post
Yes it is. Common sense is becoming less common. 3 weeks ago a weekend warrior on a Catamaran comes by at 20 mph within 25' of my stationary boat and catches and breaks my line. I give the clown a few choice words and hand gestures before I see him head to the landing to go home. Apparently they seem to still understand words and hand gestures.
This day in age you gotta be careful ! You dont know if the guys gonna pull out a 45 or what !
Old 07-26-2021, 11:56 AM
Wallhanger

I'm sure we've all seen outrageous stuff happen at boat landings. Sometimes people are slower than a 7 year itch, sometimes people are rude and impatient. Sometimes it's hard to tell which one's at fault.

If people are too slow I've found that asking them if you can lend a hand will get them motivated to speed things up. Only 10% say yeah, please help.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:27 PM
Wallhanger

Had a guide (yes a guide) sit on the ramp this am for 22 min prepping his boat and taking payment while I waited.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:29 PM
Wallhanger

I've been fishing hither and yon with my boat since I got it a year ago, but I know I'm still learning and still a little slow when it comes to launching and loading it. So I always pick my days and times to aim for slow traffic at the ramps, and when I encounter anyone else I let them play through while I wait well out of the way. Just seems the right thing to do given that I'm the newbie.

Gerry
Old 07-26-2021, 12:58 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbin View Post
I've been fishing hither and yon with my boat since I got it a year ago, but I know I'm still learning and still a little slow when it comes to launching and loading it. So I always pick my days and times to aim for slow traffic at the ramps, and when I encounter anyone else I let them play through while I wait well out of the way. Just seems the right thing to do given that I'm the newbie.

Gerry
Thatís nice if you.

I have zero issue with those who are trying and failing lol. Happens to the best of us. My issues with others is when they do like was described above. Some launches around here have attendants who direct traffic and in some cases, teach acceptable launch procedures and etiquette. Love when those guys are around !
Old 07-27-2021, 04:49 AM
Keeper

You just can't fix stupid...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2021, 07:21 AM
Keeper

If it was me, I would have approached him and asked him to move to allow use of the ramp. My guess it he would.