Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
How much does your Fly-in outpost tackle box weigh? - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinOrSwim View Post
The other option is to take what you want and if you are over, pay the fee. The amount you pay in overage fee is a fraction of the cost of the overall trip. They are expensive trips, why go without? Just take it and enjoy imo.
So is the question a weight limit restriction based on safe operation of the aircraft MTOW or a weight limit based on $$? Lets get it straight here. If it is based on $$ open your wallet and pay the extra amount to bring what you want. If it is based on MTOW then, well, deal with the weight restriction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Wallhanger

I know the flyin outfitter I use, they weigh everyone getting on that plane then determan how much weight in gear they can take. The extra overage weight payed for has always flown in on a seperate plane later in the day. Those planes are only designed to fly with so much weight.$$ do not make it safer. Reels rods and fishing gear comes in at about 50lbs. that covers any type of fly in fishing you can do.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:01 AM
Wallhanger

Default Fly in Tackle Box Weight

Hi Lighting Rod, I have been blessed to have experienced many very successful fly in adventures over the years. We are leaving in 2 weeks for a 7 day fly in. At first, like many I brought way to much gear LOL. Through experience, advice and research I have cut way back on gear as I am truly amazed at how little one needs to enjoy a week in the bush. This will be trip #40.
I really have thought things through and refined my gear over the years. It is part of the adventure and is also a personal challenge to be as light and efficient as possible. I have never felt I wanted for anything. Now when I return from a trip I wash my clothes and repack immediately, restock the jig or lure I might have lost and I am ready for the next adventure. It takes a lot for a new "Special Jig or Lure" to make it into my box LOL. If fact I do not bring a Tackle Box, just a few small plastic boxes. I have attached a picture of the tackle that is going with me on this and all trips. Have a Great Adventure!!!!

Thank you,
Larry Mac
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1228.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	491.6 KB
ID:	169681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Canadian Stringer.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	169689  

Last edited by Larry Mac; 08-16-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:22 AM
Minnow

Smile My Tackle box wt. is ZERO

Isme again

Yes it true Zero...I leave it in the attic at the camp we fly into. Just back from trip #41 to Bull Moose Camp. Great fishing...Walleye @ 29 3/4, 28, 26, 26, 25.5, 25.5 for the two of us plus lots of other slot fish.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Wallhanger

Default Tackle Box weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsme View Post
Isme again

Yes it true Zero...I leave it in the attic at the camp we fly into. Just back from trip #41 to Bull Moose Camp. Great fishing...Walleye @ 29 3/4, 28, 26, 26, 25.5, 25.5 for the two of us plus lots of other slot fish.
Hi Itsme, That is excellent advice for those committed annual diehards that go back to the same wonderful camp every year. Great advice!!!

Thank you,
Larry Mac
Old 08-17-2015, 10:02 AM
Minnow

Well I have everything packed and I’m embarrassed to say my final weight. I think I did the best I can on non-tackle items given that I don’t own light weight boots, sleeping bags rain gear or coat. I do have gear that other guys need and they don’t have, like depth finder, buoy makers, rod holder, hook cuter for emergency etc. So depending on what the other guys have I may leave the 6 pound rod holder in the truck and replace the 4 pound tackle bag that hold the plastic boxes with an over sized zip lock bag. And I need to force myself to reduce by one more plastic Plano box and save another 2 pounds. I’m convinced my tackle is more than it should be but I’m willing to pay the extra cost and learn my lesson for next time. Weather looks like 50 lows and 60 high. The chili is made and frozen, and the food for 4 weighs in at less than 30 pounds.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:38 PM
Wallhanger

Default How much does your fly in Tackle Box Weigh

Hi Lighting Rod, reading your prior and last post on this subject I am impressed how much thought you have put into being as light and efficient as possible. Great Job!!!! Have a Great Adventure.

Thank you,
Larry Mac