Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Canadian Border - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Winds View Post
Lawton Muskellunge record stood for decades until disqualified by doubters.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...652-story.html
Even in that article there are still a lot of ifs.The first two witnesses didn't think it was as long as the guy who caught it said it was. If it turns out to be back as a world record then good for him!

Fisherman 1792
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2020, 04:11 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman1792 View Post
Even in that article there are still a lot of ifs.The first two witnesses didn't think it was as long as the guy who caught it said it was. If it turns out to be back as a world record then good for him!

Fisherman 1792
Ya, I don’t care one way or the other. I just remember reading about him and his Muskie fishing when I was a kid. I see I was off by 2 years though. I fished the St Lawrence a few times (not for Muskie) and it’s a huge complex waterway. Muskie fishing is a BIG thing there but it never really interested me.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 05-15-2020, 07:39 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
No problem.....we have better fishing here..... go and find out for yourself.
where exactly is here ?
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 05-16-2020, 04:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
where exactly is here ?
For me it's WNY but there are many other states that have great fishing too. You have Lake Michigan in your area, doesn't it produce King/Coho Salmon, Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Steelhead.......I really don't know because I never had the pleasure to fish Michigan. Then heading north I have read many times that Green Bay is very good for walleyes. Maybe you don't have as good as fishing as we enjoy in WNY but from what I have read it's still pretty good. Once you learn your home waters you too might think twice before spending your in a foreign country.

YEARS ago Lake Erie walleye fishing SUCKED and almost everyone I knew took trips to Canada to get into some hot walleye fishing. No more, they all have quit going up there to fish because our fishing is so much better, not to mention all the BS you have to go thru at border. Traveling north thru Toronto is/was a NIGHTMARE that now can be avoided all together for WNY anglers.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra
Old 05-16-2020, 08:42 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
For me it's WNY but there are many other states that have great fishing too. You have Lake Michigan in your area, doesn't it produce King/Coho Salmon, Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Steelhead........
Lake Michigan is not really that great unless you way out where you need a 32'+ boat. When you can get them closer in they are half dead. Plus it's not all that fun. I use to go the the UP and fishing was great. Green Bay has some great fishing, lots of water but lots of bad wind days as you may experience on LE. Some of the best times are the opener and you are playing bumper boats. The good side is GB has tons of places to launch to play the weather.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 05-17-2020, 06:53 AM
Wallhanger

is there better fishing in the US? probably. But the lake my cabin is on has over 14,000 islands, countless wildlife, i've seen moose swimming island to island, deer, bear, pack wolves chasing a moose on a beach (moose won that, got mad and turned around). I even saw a mother bear swim across a channel with a cub on her head once. Eagle flying tree to tree eyeing up the walleye's on our stringer.

that and i'll be up there a week and see maybe 5-6 other boats. Yeah US fishing may be better, but for me the experience up at the cabin is priceless. Disappointing but i understand why i can't get up there this summer.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Pederson View Post
is there better fishing in the US? probably.
If there is tell me, not for a long time have I ever had better fishing in Canada and totally agree with the serine environment and not having 10 boats on top of me. Nature at it's best.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes

Last edited by Hawker; 05-17-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Wallhanger

This might sound stupid but I even enjoy the 12 hour drive to get there! I'm not even looking for a substitute as Canada does it for me. I will be back when they allow me back. Later, Jay
Old 05-17-2020, 06:41 PM
Minnow

The outfitter I was going to use wont reply to emails. Was wondering if we lost our $600
deposit or if we can reschedule. Seems unfair to lose that much money for something beyond my control.
Old 05-17-2020, 07:02 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcamp7 View Post
The outfitter I was going to use wont reply to emails. Was wondering if we lost our $600
deposit or if we can reschedule. Seems unfair to lose that much money for something beyond my control.

What you are losing is less then he is losing, also beyond his control. Hopefully he contacts you and offers to roll it to a future trip. Although I'm not sure all camps will survive this.