Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Cedar River Menominee County Michigan - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 11-24-2021, 12:49 PM
Keeper

Default Cedar River Menominee County Michigan

Does anyone have any experience fishing this river or close to the mouth where it dumps into Lake Michigan. I have a friend who invited me there next year and wondered if it’s worth taking the boat. She has no idea since she doesn’t fish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2021, 07:56 PM
Wallhanger

Can be a fantastic fishery. Not sure of the ice conditions or ramps, live in Florida now. River should be holding fish, walleye, maybe some salmon or steelhead too.
Old 11-29-2021, 10:11 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchard frank View Post
Can be a fantastic fishery. Not sure of the ice conditions or ramps, live in Florida now. River should be holding fish, walleye, maybe some salmon or steelhead too.
I thank you for your response. I should have made myself more clear. It will be next mid-July before I go there so the question is in regards to the summer fishery. Any knowledge about that time of year or area bait shops that could clue me in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Charter Member

I buddy of mine fished it several time the past 10 years, he mainly fishes for bass. Here is post from another website that he posted responding to another request for information: The menominee is a good bet where you are for smallmouth and pike along with the occasional sturgeon, channel cat, and walleye. There are also several dams on the river that create some good tailwater fishing as well as some large flowages to fish. Without a boat you will be somewhat limited as this is a large river. I would recommend fishing below both the white rapids and grand rapids dams. The white rapids dam is about 10 miles north of where you will be and the grand rapids dam is about 10 miles south. The smallmouth fishing is better below the white rapids dam (we normally get atleast one or two fish over 5lbs.) but there is a lot more variety below the grand rapids dam (we often catch 5 or six different spieces per trip).
The cedar river is a great river for smallmouth and pike. I would recommend you park at the boat launch and fish your way out to the big lake. You can walk the breakwall and do pretty well (just watch for big waves!).

Norman Maclean