Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake McConaughy 7.17.20 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 07-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Wallhanger

Default Lake McConaughy 7.17.20

Big Mac is on fire. Lots of walleye coming out of 20-35 fow pulling crankbaits and spinnerbaits over, in and around the trees. The water is down about 30', so there is a lot of exposed timber, especially West of Lemoyne. Most of the fish I saw caught came from the south side of the lake, near Vans. The walleye are moving around daily, chasing alewives, so be prepared to move and chase the fish. There was a tournament going on, and we watched everyone banging limits of decent eyes. (17-22 in)

My trip was pretty horrible. We were fishing for everything from Walleye, bass, and catfish. We never boated an eye, doing the same thing that floating armada was doing. We caught some nice catfish, and had fun getting into the white bass until.........25 mph winds and rollers.

My XI5 took a dump and would not power up, at all. The trolling motor batteries were freshly charged, and I used it 15 minutes prior to dying. It stated 'no autopilot computer' on my Lowrance units, then nothing. It was too rough to tear into the TM battery hold compartment to see if it blew a circuit breaker, so we packed up and headed out. Not too much fun trying to use the big motor for boat control in those conditions.

Hope that helps.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite FS9
Pulled by 2021 Chevy Trail Boss 6.2L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement