Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Panoptix Setup Questions - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 AM
Keeper

Default Panoptix Setup Questions

I am looking to possibly get a Panoptix set up for my boat. I do some trolling, bottom bouncing and vertical jigging. I have Birds and a Terrova and will keep those. I would also use this for ice fishing but need a different transducer I think. I have only talked with people that have used this for ice fishing. I have watched some videos so i understand the basics of it. What are some good effective setups for boats. Also is there any feedback or opinions on Livescope vs Livevu. I'm guessing that they require different transducers. What speeds are these setups effective up to? Thanks.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2019, 07:27 PM
Keeper

I’ve got livescope on my ulterra. When I’m trolling I turn the downscan on and position the transducer so it’s 90 degrees to the boat so I get an instant scan of what the boat is going to pass over. For rig/jig fishing I usually have it in down scan and watch the screen to be able to see which side the fish are on as I’m getting to them. Works fantastic
Old 08-17-2019, 09:29 AM
Minnow

Goosechaser, I live in south central ne also, i bought a mount from fishing Specialties and used it to mount the livescope on my boat , up front on the right side of the bow. I have a terrova I use for boat control. works great for vertical jigging. I can send a pic if you want
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2019, 10:32 PM
Wallhanger

What graph are you guys hooking panoptix up to? Does the 93 sv plus work out well? I know it is compatible but is the resolution high enough for a good image? Thinking about adding one up front in the future
9.9hp Tohatsu kicker
72" MK Ulterra Quest 36v
5 lithium batteries
MK PCL 460
Trollsmarter
3 12" graphs- Lowrance Live,Carbon and Simrad EVO 3
Simrad is40
Lowrance 3d
Airmar tm165hw
Lowrance 3in1
Lenco 4x12 trimtabs
Traxstech 72" tracks, Berts 24" tracks on each gunnel
2 Big Jon Capt packs riggers
Lowrance autopilot
MK 15' Talon
Old 08-19-2019, 06:14 AM
Keeper

Napatim i sent you a PM.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Old 02-27-2020, 07:35 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoodswalleye View Post
I’ve got livescope on my ulterra. When I’m trolling I turn the downscan on and position the transducer so it’s 90 degrees to the boat so I get an instant scan of what the boat is going to pass over. For rig/jig fishing I usually have it in down scan and watch the screen to be able to see which side the fish are on as I’m getting to them. Works fantastic
I was wondering how you have it mounted on an ulterra and it that the psrmenant position of the transducer, when you say you position it, it seemed you can change it.
Humminbird Helix G2 x 1
Talon
Ultera
Kicker
Smartcraft
Zipwakes
Old 02-27-2020, 09:51 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbheli View Post
I was wondering how you have it mounted on an ulterra and it that the psrmenant position of the transducer, when you say you position it, it seemed you can change it.
I used the mount thAt came with the livescope and just turn the trolling motor
Old 02-28-2020, 03:53 AM
Wallhanger

Default Some Thoughts

As the title on your post says "getting a panoptix set up" which to me means the combination of the following transducers.

PS-30 for down with some forward and back distances
PS-31 for forward scan
PS-21 for forward scan
PS-22 for forward scan

PS-30 is a excellent transducer pointed down and does range slightly forward or down mounted on the transom
can be mounted on a stick like the da ducer stick.

PS-31 mounted on a terrova for example can scan around the boat. Or on a stick mount and manually rotated. PS-21 and 22 easily mounts on a trolling motor, these two basically do the same as the 31 except the 22 can be pointed down also.

Live scope; Never thought of it as panoptix always to me live scope by Garmin but offers better image detail. Personally I don't have this system so really can't comment to it. Anglers around here like it for finding and pinpointing schooling fish.

Lets start and go from here....there is a lot to learn and more then willing to share but need to know exactly what your looking for thanks...
Old 02-28-2020, 08:38 AM
Keeper

I have the LVS 32 transducer. I bought it as an ice bundle. I got to use it about 5-7 times. I would say I am familiar with it but not an expert at using it yet. I plan on using this on my boat. For now I think I will mount transducer on a stick for use on the boat as others have done.
Ulterra Linked with
Helix 12 and 10 Mega
Old 02-28-2020, 10:00 AM
Wallhanger

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Korsgaden View Post
As the title on your post says "getting a panoptix set up" which to me means the combination of the following transducers.

PS-30 for down with some forward and back distances
PS-31 for forward scan
PS-21 for forward scan
PS-22 for forward scan

PS-30 is a excellent transducer pointed down and does range slightly forward or down mounted on the transom
can be mounted on a stick like the da ducer stick.

PS-31 mounted on a terrova for example can scan around the boat. Or on a stick mount and manually rotated. PS-21 and 22 easily mounts on a trolling motor, these two basically do the same as the 31 except the 22 can be pointed down also.

Live scope; Never thought of it as panoptix always to me live scope by Garmin but offers better image detail. Personally I don't have this system so really can't comment to it. Anglers around here like it for finding and pinpointing schooling fish.

Lets start and go from here....there is a lot to learn and more then willing to share but need to know exactly what your looking for thanks...
Livescope is the latest interation of Panoptix, if that is what you are referring to then currently the ps32 transducer is the best one out there but it can not be used without the Box 10 , there are some very good utubes and information on BassBoat Central that can explain the differences in various Garmin units , I have Livescope and echomap 93 sv plus on both my walleye boat in Minnesota and my crappy boat in Arizona , I have been using the since March of 2019 , I used it along side Lowrance HDS equipment and now have only Garmin on both boats it is simply fantastic nothing else currently comes even close .I have the 32 transducrse mounted on Terrovas on both Boats using precision sonar mounts and a home made aluminum extension to prevent any trolling motor interference ( 8 inches from the TM ) . if you would like more info on my experience with it PM me