Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
All Canada Shows - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 10-25-2020, 10:00 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
Probably a given that the shows would be cancelled, due to uncertainty. I remember one camp owner sharing a few years ago that one show ends up costing him around $10,000.

Bill
I had no idea these shows cost so much 10,000 grand....thats ridiculous ! What in the world are these places charging for a booth for a weekend ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2020, 10:30 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyecheek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Krejca View Post
Probably a given that the shows would be cancelled, due to uncertainty. I remember one camp owner sharing a few years ago that one show ends up costing him around $10,000.

Bill
I had no idea these shows cost so much 10,000 grand....thats ridiculous ! What in the world are these places charging for a booth for a weekend ?
Last year at the Pheasant Run show for Chicago a small booth was $1,500 and a large booth was $2500. Add gas, hotel, meals and other expenses and that close to $5,000.

Then you have Green Bay and Milwaukee plus if you do any others and that’s a lot of cash to reinvest in your assets and develop a solid website that shows videos of the cabins, boats and other interests.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:40 PM
Wallhanger

Default Proud Union man

Even though I am a proud union man, a show cause add up when we charge $100 to put an outlet in, hundred dollars to install your small carpeting $500 to set up your booth. $500 to take it down. The unions control the venue so tightly that they can charge ridiculous prices and require union labor does even the most menial tasks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2020, 04:56 AM
Wallhanger

Default All Canada Shows

I remember when the Chicago Outdoors show was held in Rosemont and lasted for like 10 days.
We'd go at least twice to see everything and decide where to go that year.
Eventually the show had too many non fishing or outdoor booths for our tastes. Lodge owners said the expenses were significant and growing each year. Sad to see it end like it did.
When the All Canada Show was held at Pheasant Run, several of the lodge owners pulled out of Rosemont and went there instead.
Shorter show, not as expensive, and people attending the show were truly interested in going to Canada.
A few lodge owners have told me that their business - due to loyal repeat customers - grew to the point where going to a fishing show made no sense. Money saved was often used in web site development or camp upgrades.
When I retire in a few years, I do see myself attending this show once again - when Coronavirus is under control. Will search for a new lodge to try out each & every year.
Garmin
Old 10-26-2020, 08:03 AM
Wallhanger

Default Follow-Up

Greetings,

The previous posts triggered thoughts that I want to follow up on. A good friend operates a small fishing tackle shop near my home. He participated in a trade show in Chicago when he opened his business decades ago. He ran into the phenomenon that Bigtaproot mentioned in his post. His modest profit was eaten up by various fees for services that he did not want or even need. He never went back to that trade show.

I attended the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel show for many years. I stopped going to this show about five years ago as it wasn't worth the time/money to go to this show for lack of participation by fishing lodges. I sure could shop for luggage, snack foods and other items unrelated to outdoor sports. I saw on a thread on Walleye Central just a few years ago that even more fishing lodges have stopped attending this show.

I have long been an advocate when selecting a fishing lodge of the combination of internet websites and meeting lodge owners at a trade show such as the All Canada Show. I believe that lodges try to put their best face forward on the internet to attract an angler's attention. I've encouraged many folks to do their research on the internet to develop a "short list" of fishing lodges that interest them for whatever reason. Then, go to the All Canada Shows and interview the lodge owners behind the websites to further narrow the list of potential fishing lodges.

I've noticed that current guests of a fishing lodge often "hang out" at the booth of their current fishing lodge. These current guests serve as great impromptu personal references for the lodge, its owners and the merits of the lake.

In my opinion, the previous owners of the All Canada Show let it slide downhill. The current ownership of the show brought a huge breath of fresh air into the show. It is again a rich and vibrant show.

Good fishing and tight lines!!
Old 10-26-2020, 09:29 AM
Minnow

I am a relative newcomer to fishing Canada. My son and I have fallen in love with fishing Canada and have multiple trips to Canada planned for 2021 -- hopefully they happen.

We look forward to going to the All Canada show at Pheasant Run each year -- it's a great break in the middle of the hard water season.

I have found it to be a very useful event. I agree with BornToFish, that meeting the lodge owners and regular clients of the lodge (sometimes) is a window into what a visit to the lodge might be like. One group of guys I met who fished a NWT lodge had some great stories and photos and I ended up booking a trip there for 2019 in part due to their rave reviews, and I hope to make it in 2020 after Covid. I also have ruled out several lodges the last few years after meeting the owners face to face at the show. Several lodges that I had not really thought about seriously gave me some information that made me give them a second look.

I hope that the show is back in 2022.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToFish View Post
Greetings,

The previous posts triggered thoughts that I want to follow up on. A good friend operates a small fishing tackle shop near my home. He participated in a trade show in Chicago when he opened his business decades ago. He ran into the phenomenon that Bigtaproot mentioned in his post. His modest profit was eaten up by various fees for services that he did not want or even need. He never went back to that trade show.

I attended the Milwaukee Journal/Sentinel show for many years. I stopped going to this show about five years ago as it wasn't worth the time/money to go to this show for lack of participation by fishing lodges. I sure could shop for luggage, snack foods and other items unrelated to outdoor sports. I saw on a thread on Walleye Central just a few years ago that even more fishing lodges have stopped attending this show.

I have long been an advocate when selecting a fishing lodge of the combination of internet websites and meeting lodge owners at a trade show such as the All Canada Show. I believe that lodges try to put their best face forward on the internet to attract an angler's attention. I've encouraged many folks to do their research on the internet to develop a "short list" of fishing lodges that interest them for whatever reason. Then, go to the All Canada Shows and interview the lodge owners behind the websites to further narrow the list of potential fishing lodges.

I've noticed that current guests of a fishing lodge often "hang out" at the booth of their current fishing lodge. These current guests serve as great impromptu personal references for the lodge, its owners and the merits of the lake.

In my opinion, the previous owners of the All Canada Show let it slide downhill. The current ownership of the show brought a huge breath of fresh air into the show. It is again a rich and vibrant show.

Good fishing and tight lines!!
Old 10-26-2020, 11:56 AM
Wallhanger

The shows fill a void in the season & allows for optimism in the upcoming season.

I wish they could make it more affordable for the outfitters n some I have talked to just had some long term guest running the booth that swear everything t is the best. Find some other venues to host it as Pheasant Run is in the red, much like the whole state of Illinois.
Old 10-26-2020, 12:08 PM
Chucke25@1948

Default All Canada shows

Phesant Run is long gone. All Canada was to be held in Tinley Park. Talking to a Canadian lodge owner recently he said he doubted the show would happen.
Old 10-26-2020, 02:34 PM
Charter Member

https://www.allcanada.com/

Looks like they have the venues and dates set.

If the shows go on or not is yet to be seen.

You can buy your tickets early if you wish. LOL
Old 10-26-2020, 02:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
[url]https://www.allcanada.com/

You can buy your tickets early if you wish. LOL
That’s funny, buy your tickets in advance.

I think the of large $$$ deposits and pre-buys are gone due to the way the border was handled