Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lake Beauchene, Quebec - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-19-2003, 11:06 AM
Minnow

Default Lake Beauchene, Quebec

One of my buddies was asking me about this "Reserve" lake a little NE of North Bay, Ontario...just east of the Ottawa River. I was wondering if anyone out there has experience fishing there or any input on the accomodations available. I know it has pike, walleye, and smallmouth and from what he said there seems to be a good opportunity to get several 'trophy' fish on the lake and surrounding portage lakes.

Your assistance is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2003, 12:09 PM
Charter Member

Default RE: Lake Beauchene, Quebec

My associate Don Meissner is up there right now, doing the opening series of shows for the PBS 2004 "Streamside" production. La Reserve Beauchene is noted for big fish opportunities including smallmouth, walleye, northerns, lake trout and speckles. This is by far a 5 star spot and if you get a chance to fish there don't hesitate. This marks the 17th year Don has done the opening at Beauchesne and the reason is simple - quality fishing, great accommodations and the service of an excellent staff.

http://www.beauchene.com/

I'll give you folks his fishing report when he returns home next Saturday, for sure he'll be calling me to gloat just a bit - it's the same thing every year - I'm here working and he's up there doing what any self respecting fisherman wants to do - fish one of the premier waters in Canada.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:09 AM
TTT

TTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2003, 09:23 AM
gotta be kiddin'

let me get this straight....
4 people,7 nigjts,$4,645.00....how can anyone not jump on a deal like this?
i wonder how many trips i could take in lieu of going here? 2 or 3 ?
seems to me the price is someone in the praying position.....come om just give me two more paying customers and i will never.....
Old 05-20-2003, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

I guess you don't travel much - $1,122 is full american plan for 7 days - $160/day includes boat-motor, all meals etc. at a 5 star resort where the fishing is nothing short of phenominal.

Do a little comparison shopping before you have a heart attack over this.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:36 PM
Minnow

I talked to the manager today and asked about a trip for summer 2004 to one of their outpost cabins. I asked for a "quick quote" including taxes, boats...gas..everything. Mind you, this is in U.S. dollars and is NOT American Plan...rather housekeeping 'cook your own food'.

Per guy: $1,000.00 for a Sat-Sat stay.

Add in ancillary travel expenses, license, bait, food, beer..etc. we figured around $1,350.00 US per guy.

A little pricey, but the multiple species and trophy fishing opportunities may be worth it.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Charter Member

T Bone, you wont be disappointed - La Reserve Beauchene is a world class fishery - is managed very well and the service is without comparison.
Old 05-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Keeper

I agree, far to pricey unless you want to rub shoulders with the big wigs.
Plenty of other world class fishing opetunities to be had for that kind of scratch and that includes the ocean.
Old 05-20-2003, 10:25 PM
gotta be kiddin

i hope maybe MCQ sees that ALL of us aren't wrapped in the green like he is and need real value for our time and money.....mcq ,i would say i travel to fish probably as much as any one that pays his/her own way...i suspect that somewhere/somehow for you to be touting this rip- off that you might receive a little something or other...ok,maybe i'm wrong about that..just a little bit strong for me...

not rying to start anything ,just sayin what i feel to be true.
i will not respond again.
Old 05-21-2003, 03:25 AM
Whiskey Fox

Well guy's Ive been to Beauchene 15 times in the last 10 years. I work 11 hours a day 6 day's a week and don't consider myself a Big Wig...Just a hard worker that loves good fishing. One main lake and 30+ back lakes with good boats and motors, Great food, great accomidations and a staff that there to help you not just get through the day. On the back lakes they allow just one boat at a time and the selection of types of fish is super. If you want to save money ask about the campgrounds at the end of the lake, I have not stayed there but all of the lakes are available to the campers also. I understand that the Reserve has a new manager this year ( I met him last fall) and Shirley retired so there is a new cook. The small mouth bass fishing is the best I have ever seen along with big pike & eye's. In the last 50 years I have had the pleasure to fish Canada's many lakes and area's and most have been good but what my Pop's used to say is still true today. If you want to dance, You've got to pay the band. I hope to be able to fish more of Canada's lake's for another 50 year's. Just my thoughts.... W.F.