Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
locators - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 09-29-2020, 10:52 AM
plumb

Default locators

i have a 899 ci hd humminbird was considering upgrade to helix mega imaging on a scale of 1-10 how much better would any of you consider it to be .any imput much app.thank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2020, 12:10 PM
Minnow

Old 09-29-2020, 12:44 PM
Keeper

definitely 10. Could never go back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2020, 03:03 PM
Wallhanger

I started with a 797C2 when I first became aware of Humminbird side imaging in 2006 I think it was. After a software upgrade, the unit was capable of down imaging without buying a different transducer. I honestly never thought I'd use down imaging much when I first got it. The screen was small and details were really difficult to see on the 797. Through the years I went to a 999 ci hd which was a very good unit and then a Helix 7 G2 (which I use for ice fishing also in the winter and really like). My latest unit is a Helix 12 with Mega Imaging. On my boat now I use the Helix 7 strictly for mapping and use the Helix 12 for 2D imaging, down imaging and side imaging. The size of the screen alone on the Helix 12, not to mention the improved technology to see fish, has improved my fish catches alot. Where I once looked for favorable structure prior to fishing and often times just hoped there'd be walleyes there, I now won't wet a line until I mark fish. Where I once never thought I'd use down imaging, it's now become an important tool for me while fishing. I toggle between 2d, down imaging and side imaging constantly to find fish and to stay on fish once I find them.
I'm sure I speak for alot of walleye anglers that'll tell you the difference is 10+ like coyoteman and arodle also think.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:08 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumb View Post
i have a 899 ci hd humminbird was considering upgrade to helix mega imaging on a scale of 1-10 how much better would any of you consider it to be .any imput much app.thank
Easily a 10. I have an 859 on my older boat & a couple Helix MSI’s G3N on my newer boat, the G3 series is great.