Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Updates on Red Lake? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-06-2019, 01:47 PM
Keeper

we fished from July 21-27. We were at Bow Narrows camp on the west end. My wife had a 28 1/2 and a 31. She really kicked my butt this year. Most of what we got were in the 20-27 range. one day we didn't catch a walleye under 18. Like I said in my other post we didn't have the numbers this year that we had last year but who cares if your catching big fish. Fishing for us was different this year than in the past. Places that we got lots of fish last year did not produce a fish this year. This year we never found a spot that was full of fish . We would hit a spot and catch 1 or 2 maybe 3 then that would be it we would have to find another spot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Minnow

Default Howey Bay Resort 3rd-10th Aug.

My family had a wonderful week at Howey Bay Resort. The weather was colder and rainier than last year. We vertically jigged in 18-24 ft and drifted in 20-30 ft when the winds were blow'in. We were equally successful with jig-minnow and jig-nightcrawler. We caught hundreds of walleyes mostly in the 14-16in range. For the first time we enjoyed a shore lunch at Goldseekers Beach. The family can't wait to go back next year! If you have any questions, I will try to answer them.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:38 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensinks View Post
we fished from July 21-27. We were at Bow Narrows camp on the west end. My wife had a 28 1/2 and a 31. She really kicked my butt this year. Most of what we got were in the 20-27 range. one day we didn't catch a walleye under 18. Like I said in my other post we didn't have the numbers this year that we had last year but who cares if your catching big fish. Fishing for us was different this year than in the past. Places that we got lots of fish last year did not produce a fish this year. This year we never found a spot that was full of fish . We would hit a spot and catch 1 or 2 maybe 3 then that would be it we would have to find another spot.

Did you fish in Pipestone Bay? I'm headed in to camp Aug 21 to Aug 29. I know loads of spots in/around Bow Narrows and Middle Bay. More curious if you or anyone has experience in Pipestone?
Old 08-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Keeper

We did or do fish Pipestone we spend a lot of time there. There are lots of good places . Three Fingers can be good, The big island in front of Dupont can be good. Dupont can be good. Grassy can be good at times. Scott Bay can be good. The wall to the right of the mouth of Dupont can be good. The ridge in front of the Cole Gold mine can be good. Are you looking for walleye, pike or lake trout ? I have never been up there as late as you are going. I would be interested in how it goes.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:59 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Quote:
We did or do fish Pipestone we spend a lot of time there. There are lots of good places . Three Fingers can be good, The big island in front of Dupont can be good. Dupont can be good. Grassy can be good at times. Scott Bay can be good. The wall to the right of the mouth of Dupont can be good. The ridge in front of the Cole Gold mine can be good. Are you looking for walleye, pike or lake trout ? I have never been up there as late as you are going. I would be interested in how it goes.
We'll be primarily fishing walleye. We'll spend a little time with northern and trout too, but walleye is the main species. I have a map of some good spots throughout Pipestone from a walleyecentral friend. We'll give those spots a look. Spring fishing up there I'm sure is different than late summer, early fall. We'll have to find some deeper structure. I'm sure we'll be fine. The west side of Red Lake is full of fish. We're going up late, but I'd love to go up there even later. Late September would be high on the list for me to get up there. Leaving in less than a week. Should be fun!
Old 08-18-2019, 09:33 AM
Slot Fish

Default Updates on Red Lake

Based on the report of big fish caught in the West End of Red Lake, it looks like a competitive field for the Red Lake Fall Classic at the end of the month. Most of the fishermen fish Pipestone so there will be a mad scramble for the primo spots.