Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Well I did it! Warrior V238 ordered! - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 09-13-2021, 10:10 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswalleyer View Post
beast of a rig. fantastic. No I Pilot LINK? Ive never had a problem with Torsion axles in 30 years...but prob not a big deal
Yep, I got the i-pilot link.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2021, 10:50 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyNorth View Post
Ordered the Warrior V238. I want to tank everyone for their input. After a LOT of research I decided to go with the 400 Verado.

Other optionsÖ
12Ē Solix at helm and bow
Ultera with i-pilot
Ariwave pedestals
Captain chairs driver and front passenger
EFI remote 15hp kicker
Odyssey group 31 batteryís
Ski pole
Trailer steps
Extra interior lights
Trim tabs
Aqua Traction floor
And a few other nick nacks Iím probably forgetting.

I have not decided on tracks or rails so input on this item and any other input or suggestions are encouraged and welcome, things can be changed.
I went with a custom color, Silver interior and side with white side and running surface. Color just like the Walleye Brawl prize boat.

June delivery date, they said short of any supply issues out of their control it should be a good firm date, fingers crossed!

I will probably go with a custom top set, my dealer says he has a good shop they have been using but Iím all ears if any of you have suggestions on a shop or features of top.

I went with conventional leaf springs on the trailer, the thought of having to repair a torsion axle a long way from home was the item that drove me to springs, that being said, Iím open to comments or suggestions.

The prop that comes with the boat is the ECO Enertia 17p. Anyone with experience? Other prop suggestions?

Anyway, as you could probably guess I am very excited, June is a looooong way off! Now I have to sell my nearly new impact.

Once again thanks guys for all your input and allowing me to share in my excitement. Any suggestions?

FN
Ohhhh man. Iím jealous!

Sounds to me like you did a great job specíing it out.

Iíve only ever had the rails, and for my purposes theyíve been perfect. We can only troll one rod per angler up here though, if I was looking to have big rod spreads the tracks are probably the better option.

Iím surprised at the June delivery date, thatís awesome.

I think the custom top set is the way to go. Get exactly what you want that fits perfectly.

I think torsion axles are pretty much bullet proof, and they do ride nice, but I didnít order them on any of my Warriors. Itís a pricey upgrade and Iím not sure itís worth it.

The ECO Enertia is a good ďall aroundĒ prop, but itís not great at anything. Iíve had much better luck with the Bravo LT for max performance and the Rev 4 for rough water handling.

Other things to consider adding -

I wouldnít want to be without splashguards, I run the Wave Wackers.

If you do a fair bit of towing, a rock guard is a must in my opinion. Iím a huge fan of the Trailer Tux, and they work with the trailer steps.

I had them install a second transducer mounting board so I have one on both sides of the boat, it gives you way more options for mounting transducers.

Consider a glassed in transducer.

And last but not least, a rear seat pedestal mount is pretty important.

The waiting is the hardest part lol. Youíll be one happy man come June!

Waxy

P.S. Feel free to send me a PM if youíve got any questions on options or rigging.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:10 PM
Keeper

Thanks Waxy, I was hoping you would chime in. Great input!

FN
Old 09-13-2021, 11:14 PM
Wallhanger

Wow what a great rig!!! Congrats, it's a true dreamboat.

I'd have to go tracks all the way. I first installed them on my Baron a few years ago and now I have them on my Angler Qwest. I wouldn't own a boat without them now. They are just so versatile - rod trees, ratcheting rod holders, downriggers - easy to set up in multiple configurations.
Minn kota 72" 112lb 36v Terrova
Simrad nss evo2 12
BG Zeus2 12
Lowrance HDS 12 gen2
Lowrance autopilot
Navico Precision-9
Simrad is40
Sonarhub
Lowrance 3d
2 72" Traxtech tracks
2 Cannon electric downriggers
2 Highseas quad rod trees
8 Bert's ratcheting rod holders
Old 09-14-2021, 08:00 AM
Wallhanger

Do you need a fishing partner?

Marty
Old 09-14-2021, 12:13 PM
Wallhanger

Congratulations. A beast it is.
Old 09-14-2021, 04:14 PM
Minnow

Tracks, I got single rod holders, trees and downriggers, fish hawk, I can slide on and off what I want, I did put rails up front. I have seen where rod holder mounts on rail can rub on the cover, just food for thought
garmin 93sv
i troll
aqua traction
wave pro's
terrova 112
tracks
washdown
link 6 vhf
trim tabs

1996 Lund 16 Rebel
2006 Honda 25
Garmin 93SV Echomap
Old 09-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Minnow

You will love it. I have that boat with a 450 and have no regrets. Awesome boat. I did put the ski pole holder on, use as a net holder. I also put 2 seat bases on the rear deck.
Old 09-17-2021, 02:31 AM
Minnow

With all of the shortages of parts and a "Promise Date", which could be missed, I don't know if I would sell my old boat if I had any fishing plans between now and then.

whip2
Old 09-17-2021, 07:15 AM
Wallhanger

I would go with the custom top. I have mine setup with the zip off front windows. So when it is hot I can just
use it as a sun top. Nice to keep more air movement. I would always go with tracks now. Easy to change your setup. Never know in the future if your going to be running downriggers or not. Pull from dipsy divers normally works better with tracks. Instead of rails. Do not know what trailer setup you went with. I would always go galvanized from now on. Functional over looks. Long term galvanized will still look about the same.