Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance Ghost - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 10-09-2021, 04:47 PM
Wallhanger

I had also seen where the autupilot function (with the N pic on the button) is patented so with Minnkota you can change that direction with a touch the foot pedal and it resets it heading and continues, where as the Lowrance stops and you have to restart the process of engaging the funtionality of the autopilot again..just little stuff like that..not sure if that is still the situation. somebody here will know

So...is this true? Does this mean anytime i wish to change headings i have to shut off the AP? This would definitely impact any walleye guy that uses his bow mount for the steering/propulsion. Is this just a foot pedal thing or with the remote?

I was close to pulling the plug but if this is true then no way it will work for me

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2021, 07:51 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Fever View Post
I had also seen where the autupilot function (with the N pic on the button) is patented so with Minnkota you can change that direction with a touch the foot pedal and it resets it heading and continues, where as the Lowrance stops and you have to restart the process of engaging the funtionality of the autopilot again..just little stuff like that..not sure if that is still the situation. somebody here will know

So...is this true? Does this mean anytime i wish to change headings i have to shut off the AP? This would definitely impact any walleye guy that uses his bow mount for the steering/propulsion. Is this just a foot pedal thing or with the remote?

I was close to pulling the plug but if this is true then no way it will work for me
Following a contour on the map in a Bird is patented by Minnkota. I'm not so sure about Heading and "Course Lock". My MG and Lowrance allow Heading change without any "reset" so I would assume a Lowrance and Lowrance combo would do the same. The fob, or remote, for a Ghost is the Lowrance universal 4 button that you train its functions. The Operation Manual is really basic and doesn't cover MFD/TM controls.

Ghost Operations Manual
Old 10-10-2021, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Foot pedal thing. Once you set heading/course lock via foot pedal, remote or mfd, you can change heading/course with remote or mfd without having to reset AP. If you touch the footpedal though, it all goes out of AP,,,,,,,, BUT, one touch of the button on the footpedal puts you right back in heading/course lock. No biggie at all!!

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 10-10-2021, 11:03 AM
Wallhanger

Hawker...thanks for the reply, from what i interpret other than having to turn on the AP initially at the remote there isn't much different in my Ulterra

YouTube...Jim Lyon Fishing
Old 10-10-2021, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hawker...thanks for the reply, from what i interpret other than having to turn on the AP initially at the remote there isn't much different in my Ulterra
That's just it, with the Ghost remote, there isn't an AP button, just left/right, forward/back, prop on/off, +/- speed and Anchor. On the Ghost footpedal, there are four (4) buttons that can be programed for a variety of functions. I have my button #2 programed for course lock. Whenever I utilize course/heading lock, I can utilize that button to begin, then on the remote, I can use the speed up/down buttons to control speed, and the left/right buttons to make course corrections/changes. Or, I can do the same with any of my mfds, including start/stop course/heading lock.

Hopefully that's not too confusing!!

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 10-10-2021, 08:03 PM
Wallhanger

When are they coming out with. a 72" shaft?

Marty
Old 10-11-2021, 10:11 AM
Wallhanger

I contemplated upgrading to the Ghost from my Xi5 for over a year. I really liked my Xi5, but was intrigued by the added thrust and battery life of the Ghost over my Xi5.

I finally did it 3-4 months ago, with the 60" model. What a game changer it was! My batteries, (non-lithium and 24v) last double what they did with my Xi5. The Anchor Mode holds in very high winds, it is quiet, and very powerful. It pulls my 19' Deep V girl around, and she is not light.

Downsides: The remote is very primitive, as far as functions, compared to my Xi5 remote. In Course Lock, you must hit the direction arrow numerous times to change course if avoiding an obstacle. I think it changes 1-1.5 degrees for every button push, which is kind of a pain. I rarely use the foot pedal, but it works very well, and has many function settings.

I just purchased and installed a 3n1 transducer for my Ghost, which is fighting me in the settings. I am working with Hawker on the side to try and figure out why I cannot change transducers from my rear 3 in 1 to my front with my Elite Ti2's. This is not a Ghost issue, but pretty sure a user error on my part.

I do not regret the purchase for even 1 minute, but it sure was a spendy investment. I guess you have to pay to play.
Lowrance Elite 9Ti2
Lowrance Elite 7Ti2
Pulled by 2020 Chevy Trail Boss