Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2017 Warrior 1980 Tiller - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-16-2018, 07:10 PM
Keeper

I Also came across that video when researching for a new boat for this year and it came across as he was looking for a way to pass off warrior

By the way I bought a warrior boat and I'm still glad I did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2018, 08:29 PM
TroyL

I should probably stay out of this, but after watching that video, I see a couple of things. I should say that I should know Nick, he looks familiar....but I don't remember any contact that I may have had with him. I don't know why Melrose wont help him. If I was still there this wouldn't have been a problem.

The trailer, Melrose sold that trailer, they should help him. Its as easy as verifying that the axle is square under that frame. If it isn't, they should get him an axle, a set of tires and get it handled. Then they can make EZ Loader eat that axle. Both EZ Loader and Melrose have "skin in the game".

The deck, The term "bowed out" is not correct. The little bit that I can tell from that video is the star board side of the deck was just installed lower causing it to be sloped. Again, pretty easy fix that wouldn't take much to make Nick happy.

The tiller handle, that application is my design. I personally assembled hundreds and hundreds of Mercury tiller handles. I'm the one that developed the mounting to make the tiller handle work with Pro Tiller. There is nothing wrong with the parts that are there...but, there is a problem. I don't know who installed the steering system. If Melrose allowed someone else to install it, they need to take care of it. The problem is there is an important piece missing. I can see that in the video. Again, easy fix. So 4 pretty easy solutions that if they had the boat for a day, they could take care of it.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:22 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
Here are both of his videos. Don't understand why this isn't in the courts yet,,,,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGf...vNwFbVjug_tLJw

HRG
I'm pretty sure it is, which is why I was surprised the video was re-posted.

There's two sides to the story from what I've heard, but I'm guessing you won't see an official statement from Warrior until everything is finalized.

Waxy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2018, 06:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyL View Post
I should probably stay out of this, but after watching that video, I see a couple of things. I should say that I should know Nick, he looks familiar....but I don't remember any contact that I may have had with him. I don't know why Melrose wont help him. If I was still there this wouldn't have been a problem.

The trailer, Melrose sold that trailer, they should help him. Its as easy as verifying that the axle is square under that frame. If it isn't, they should get him an axle, a set of tires and get it handled. Then they can make EZ Loader eat that axle. Both EZ Loader and Melrose have "skin in the game".

The deck, The term "bowed out" is not correct. The little bit that I can tell from that video is the star board side of the deck was just installed lower causing it to be sloped. Again, pretty easy fix that wouldn't take much to make Nick happy.

The tiller handle, that application is my design. I personally assembled hundreds and hundreds of Mercury tiller handles. I'm the one that developed the mounting to make the tiller handle work with Pro Tiller. There is nothing wrong with the parts that are there...but, there is a problem. I don't know who installed the steering system. If Melrose allowed someone else to install it, they need to take care of it. The problem is there is an important piece missing. I can see that in the video. Again, easy fix. So 4 pretty easy solutions that if they had the boat for a day, they could take care of it.
If you don't know the details of the situation, or what has/hasn't been done, you probably shouldn't comment on it.

Waxy
Old 07-17-2018, 07:25 AM
TroyL

Waxy, I have not been affiliated with Melrose for about 5 years now. I was just afraid of being personally attacked for whatever reason. My point being, they should have just handled it. As far as the tiller handle goes, its not an application problem, its an installation problem and missing parts.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:45 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Waxy, I have not been affiliated with Melrose for about 5 years now. I was just afraid of being personally attacked for whatever reason. My point being, they should have just handled it. As far as the tiller handle goes, its not an application problem, its an installation problem and missing parts.
The old man says he bought the boat in Aberdeen. According to Warrior's list of dealers on their website, the only dealers in SD are in Pierre and Pickstown. Was the boat used and bought from an unauthorized Warrior dealer? If so then there is no warranty to honor in this case.

Also, the trailer warranty is covered by Ez loader (spelled out pretty clear in the actual Warrior warranty section of the manual).

It also appears that Warrior did try and make this right by working through a different dealer on a trade but the guy claimed it was a scam.

Last edited by YATYAS; 07-17-2018 at 07:50 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 07:47 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
My point is, you don't know what Melrose has or hasn't done in this situation, so therefore, rather than speculate or throw them under the bus to save yourself, you just shouldn't comment on it. It's pretty poor form, especially since you haven't been mentioned, let alone attacked, in any way.

Waxy
Old 07-17-2018, 08:00 AM
TroyL

OMG and there you go......the interweb is just great...wow.....
Old 07-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] OMG and there you go......the interweb is just great...wow.....
When you said this would not have been a problem if you still worked there, you lost credibility in my eyes. Just saying.
Old 07-17-2018, 08:18 AM
TroyL

I lost credibility??? wow.....It would have been handled.

Tags
1980 , tiller , warrior , yamaha