Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lowrance Elite TI2 networking issues - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 09-21-2021, 04:39 PM
Wallhanger

Default Lowrance Elite TI2 networking issues

So I bought 2-12" TI2 units and a 9" unit. I have a 12 and the 9 on the console and the other 12 on the bow. The console units are connected via nmea2000 to share way points and trails. I have the bow and console 12's networked wirelessly. I use my console 12 for mapping and the console 9 for 2d while underway. I have a navionics+ chip with a current subscription in the console 12. Now, when I first networked the 12's they bow unit would use the map from the console unit. Now it refuses to download the map when I turn them on. Everything else works like it should like waypoints, trails and 2d sonar. So until I figure that issue out I stuck an old navionics+ card into the bow 12 for decent mapping. Well now the card won't even read. I am stumped. Has anyone ran into these issues?

The console 12 shows the navionics+ map card with no problems.
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2021, 10:26 AM
Slot Fish

I don't think the NMEA 2000 allows the mapping card to be downloaded to other units. I think you need the HDS that uses a ethernet cable (yellow) to do that. I think the NMEA 2000 only shares the way points and trails among the units.

The wireless function has it's limitations as well. I know it doens't transfer the mapping card. It's mainly for 2d sonar functhion and your onscreen data (speed, water temp, etc).

I believe you may need to buy another mapping card for the bow.
Yamaha 9.9 HP
Lowrance Ti2's
Old 09-23-2021, 11:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
I don't think the NMEA 2000 allows the mapping card to be downloaded to other units. I think you need the HDS that uses a ethernet cable (yellow) to do that. I think the NMEA 2000 only shares the way points and trails among the units.

The wireless function has it's limitations as well. I know it doens't transfer the mapping card. It's mainly for 2d sonar functhion and your onscreen data (speed, water temp, etc).

I believe you may need to buy another mapping card for the bow.
Actually the wireless does transfer and share mapping, waypoints, and 2d sonar. The units were sharing the mapping card wirelessly as I stated above. The nmea is only connected between the console units to share waypoints and trails, not mapping or sonar. Everything worked fine until the last few outings. Now mapping wonít share and the front unit wonít show the map on the card that I inserted. It will still share 2d sonar and waypoints though. I think a soft reset might be in order. I am sure it canít hurt.
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2021, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

What version of software are you running on each unit?

In remembrance of those that gave the "Ultimate" Sacrifice!

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 09-23-2021, 03:14 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
What version of software are you running on each unit?
63.1.350 All are the same
Old 09-24-2021, 05:22 AM
Super Moderator

Hmmm, kinda odd......... Have you wirelessly networked the console 12" and 9" together by chance, or the 9" with the bow 12"? If so, would the console 12" share Charts with the 9"? Just curious..... From what I'm cyphering, the bow 12" isn't recognizing Navionics anymore for some reason, either by networking or plugged directly into unit. I think I would for sure recommend a minimum of a soft reset on the bow unit, but in reality, a hard reset for it might actually be the better option. Even though they'd be restored after you re-network the units after the reset, I'd save the waypoints, routes, trips and trails of that unit to an SD card prior to a hard reset just to be on the safe side. Don't save your settings and restore them though, there actually could be somewhat of a ghost lurking there causing the issue (not common, but it has happened).

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"
Old 09-24-2021, 05:33 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
Hmmm, kinda odd......... Have you wirelessly networked the console 12" and 9" together by chance, or the 9" with the bow 12"? If so, would the console 12" share Charts with the 9"? Just curious..... From what I'm cyphering, the bow 12" isn't recognizing Navionics anymore for some reason, either by networking or plugged directly into unit. I think I would for sure recommend a minimum of a soft reset on the bow unit, but in reality, a hard reset for it might actually be the better option. Even though they'd be restored after you re-network the units after the reset, I'd save the waypoints, routes, trips and trails of that unit to an SD card prior to a hard reset just to be on the safe side. Don't save your settings and restore them though, there actually could be somewhat of a ghost lurking there causing the issue (not common, but it has happened).
You are correct on all your ciphering. Maybe on Monday I will go out to the garage and try to network the 9 with the bow 12 and see what happens. Or the 9 with the console 12 and see if they work together. I think I will try a soft reset first before the hard reset. Not that I have much to lose in terms of waypoints and things so I am not too worried about losing anything. They are all on the 2 other units on the console. I will try a few of these things after the weekend and let you know what happened.
Old 09-28-2021, 03:54 PM
Wallhanger

So I ended up doing a soft reset on the bow unit and then setting the network up again between the console 12 and the bow 12. Everything seemed to pair up and share as it is supposed to. The map loaded, all my waypoints and trails and 2d sonar all loaded from the console 12. It’s nice only needing one map card again! I ended up taking my old Navionics card and sticking it in the console 9 just in case I want to split my screen between sonar types on the 12 and run mapping on the 9. Thanks for the help folks!!
Old 09-29-2021, 02:22 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by egladding View Post
So I ended up doing a soft reset on the bow unit and then setting the network up again between the console 12 and the bow 12. Everything seemed to pair up and share as it is supposed to. The map loaded, all my waypoints and trails and 2d sonar all loaded from the console 12. Itís nice only needing one map card again! I ended up taking my old Navionics card and sticking it in the console 9 just in case I want to split my screen between sonar types on the 12 and run mapping on the 9. Thanks for the help folks!!
Yeah, scratch that. I went out today and now it won't load the map chip from the console unit. A navionics chip works and everything else seems to work fine. I did another soft reset on it and it still didn't work. All the waypoints are there and the trails but the map just won't load onto that unit. I am getting a little frustrated with these units. Maybe I will sell them and go with garmin's again or just bite the bullet and spend 10k on HDS units...grrrrrrrr
Old 09-30-2021, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

I'm confused! If the Navionics map card works and loads, what map card did load initially and won't now?

"Non Sibi Sed Patriae"