Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Flickers vs Raps - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

View Poll Results: Flickers or Raps
Flicker 41 59.42%
Rap 28 40.58%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2021, 06:56 AM
Slot Fish

Flickers and Raps are not bad for trolling. But in a shad-style bait they are tough to cast any distance due to their light weight. The solution is a heavier lure if you do much casting. Go Magnum. https://youtu.be/h4gT5DYzRpc?t=11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2021, 07:28 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldowillie View Post
Raps and Flickers do not out fish Wally Divers. Come to think of it; Raps and Flickers do not out fish Rebel Fastracs. But a Flicker will out fish a Rap.
100% agree Cotton Cordell Wally Divers & Stingers are my go to that out fish the others if I’m using cranks.
Old 05-12-2021, 08:33 PM
Keeper

Yesterday FLICKER SHAD caught my PB 9lb 31 in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210511_153202_1620873176505.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	326392  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2021, 08:34 PM
Keeper

Oh and a wally diver caught the 17" beside it. Rapalas got 0
Old 05-15-2021, 10:32 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA$1970 View Post
100% agree Cotton Cordell Wally Divers & Stingers are my go to that out fish the others if Iím using cranks.

This must have more to do with the body of water fished as I have never caught a Walleye on anything Cotton Cordel makes, and I have spent hours running them thinking they should catch something......but nope. It`s amazing isn` t it.
Old 05-15-2021, 11:40 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichA$1970 View Post
100% agree Cotton Cordell Wally Divers & Stingers are my go to that out fish the others if I’m using cranks.

This must have more to do with the body of water fished as I have never caught a Walleye on anything Cotton Cordel makes, and I have spent hours running them thinking they should catch something......but nope. It`s amazing isn` t it.
NW Ontario I guess they are not too selective but they are my favorites.
Old 05-15-2021, 02:09 PM
Slot Fish

No lure maker spends more on advertising and sponsors than Berkley and Rapala. That being said, probably half of all walleye caught on cranks are from these 2 makers because the others do not spend as many $ promoting their lures. But a Cordell Wally Diver, a Rebel Fastrac or Spoonbill, a Salmo Sting or Hornet, Rogues and Reef Runners take a lot of walleye on inland waters per hour the bait is in the water. The masses like Raps And Flickers which is fine and they work well but other current and discontinued cranks will work just as well and they weren't discontinued because they were not catching walleye, they just were never advertised and sponsored a lot. And if you go out on the Great lakes you would be a fool not to run some Bombers, Storm Thundersticks, Bagley Rumble B's and Smithwick P10's.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:40 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
No lure maker spends more on advertising and sponsors than Berkley and Rapala. That being said, probably half of all walleye caught on cranks are from these 2 makers because the others do not spend as many $ promoting their lures. But a Cordell Wally Diver, a Rebel Fastrac or Spoonbill, a Salmo Sting or Hornet, Rogues and Reef Runners take a lot of walleye on inland waters per hour the bait is in the water. The masses like Raps And Flickers which is fine and they work well but other current and discontinued cranks will work just as well and they weren't discontinued because they were not catching walleye, they just were never advertised and sponsored a lot. And if you go out on the Great lakes you would be a fool not to run some Bombers, Storm Thundersticks, Bagley Rumble B's and Smithwick P10's.
https://www.pradcooutdoorbrands.com/fishing-brands/
Old 09-01-2021, 11:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Flickers and Raps are not bad for trolling. But in a shad-style bait they are tough to cast any distance due to their light weight. The solution is a heavier lure if you do much casting. Go Magnum. https://youtu.be/h4gT5DYzRpc?t=11
Yesterday Northeast Ohio caught 4 walleye 3 plus pounds and 8.5 walleye. 3 on no.7 flicker shad and one on no. 7 rap. Depth 12 to 17 feet speed between 2.98 to 3.2

Flicker shad is my go-to lure when trolling local lakes. Deepwater bandits on Lake Erie
Old 09-01-2021, 12:08 PM
Wallhanger

I like both Flicker Shads and Shad Raps but I try quite a few different makes and models of crankbaits on a given day on the water. I find that crankbait preferences can change often some days and I attribute it to to a change in cloud cover, wind speed and direction, sun location, etc..